Linux System Manager (m/w)
Westwing is an innovative e-commerce business: Backed by well-known investors with over USD 80 mn. in funding and growing rapidly, we are one of the leading Home & Living verticals in Europe on a mission to provide our customers with stylish furniture and homewares from well-known brands they love.
We are looking to strengthen our team with several Linux System Managers (m/f) who are interested in the E-Commerce-Business. As a Database System Manager you would participate in the maintenance and further development of our infrastructure and have an impact on our most critical interfaces. This is a great opportunity to take over responsibility for the further development of our system.
- Support of our highly available database server systems
- Observation, monitoring and backup of our system components
- Troubleshooting, issue management (e.g. downtimes) and documentation in our wiki
- Identification and elimination of performance bottlenecks
- Comparison of business forecasts (e.g. marketing planning) with the current and planned system architecture
- Evaluation of new technologies and techniques to increase the stability and performance of our shops and backend systems
- Technical university degree or an equivalent education and a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Enthusiasm for the internet and related core technologies
- Knowledge of the specific requirements for high availability, performance and security
- Experienced in the administration of LAMP-Stacks
- Ideally knowledge of Debian Linux, MySQL and NGINX in a master/slave configuration
- Willingness for on-call duty
- Good English skills
- We are offering a high degree of responsibilities with room for all-round individual and professional development in a fast growing company
- An international young and young at heart team with flat hierarchies and a short decision making process
- A modern and powerful workplace - e.g 8 GB RAM notebooks, fast hard drives and 2x24” monitors
- A dynamic environment with focus on technical innovations and a high affinity to open source software and tools
- Last but not least free softdrinks and a soccer table
Please forward in absolute confidence, a full curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please visit our website www.westwing.de/jobs.
Location: Dingolfinger Str. 2, 81673 Munich