Junior Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Makerist is a rapidly growing start-up in the booming handicraft industry. With an experienced team and big-name investors such as High-Tech Gruenderfonds, OZ Publishing House, Gruner + Jahr Digital Ventures and Ringer Digital Ventures, we aim to make a lasting change on the handicraft world. Over 250,000 customers learn knitting or sewing from our professional video courses, discover over 20,000 ebooks for their next project, and find new trends daily on Makerist.de.
Additionally, our shop offers crafting enthusiasts everything they need for their projects: from high quality fabric, wool, and sewing machines, to creative accessories. Our community is also growing: thousands of excited users meet each other via our showcase and in our online groups.
Within a short period of time, our team has grown to over 40 employees and over seven million sessions per month. In 2017, we entered the international market with our successful business model. Come join us!
Ruby on Rails is our main ingredient, sprinkled with elasticsearch, React JS, and whatever else peaks our interest. We're a small but expanding team with an agile approach, organizing our bi-weekly sprints using scrum. Come work with us, and you’ll learn everything from that awesome new technology, to how to knit a sweater or bake a delicious cake.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, up-to-date, and reliable Ruby code
- Keep the site clean and running smoothly by maintaining code quality, organization, and automization
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help with launching the site in various international markets
- be a part of the product team while pairing closely with marketing and PR teams to discuss and solve current challenges
- Participate in daily standups and bi-monthly product planning meetings to help move Makerist forward in the marketplace
- Excellent understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- At least two years experience working on a large, customer-facing product
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (ex: Git)
- Familiarity with development aiding tools (ex: Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc...)
- Familiarity with continuous integration (ex: Codeship, Travis,)
- Rspec is your bread and butter
- Hands-on experience in working with Redis, Postgres, Elasticsearch, AWS, Chef
- Experience developing a mobile app is a plus
- A hands-on attitude, good communication skills (both online and off) as well as the ability and desire to work as a team player are a must
- A steep, challenging learning curve while working with state of the art technology
- An interesting variety of tasks across the whole company
- A dynamic, international team with strong team spirit and flat hierarchies
- flexible working hours, a family-like atmosphere, where your input and feedback is welcome
- A modern office beside Treptower Park with a variety of fresh fruits in the kitchen
- Frequent company and social events
Then send us your application in English or German via Email.
We look forward to hearing from you!