Area Sales Manager (m/f/d)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Marel is an international supplier of integrated systems, products and services for the Fish, Meat and Poultry industry. Our tagline is Advancing Food Processing. That’s the heart of everything we do. We want to push food processing further. We want to make it better. That is our passion. Some 6100 employees work worldwide for Marel supporting the Poultry, Further Processing, Fish and Meat industries. Unity, Innovation and Excellence are the values which characterize our company.
Marel Meat is a leading global supplier of integrated systems and advanced stand-alone processing equipment to the red meat industry – from live animal receipt to finished packs. Our cutting edge equipment and software help meat processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity and enhance the overall quality and value of meat products. We have a dedicated R&D team to constantly ensure that we are providing the meat industry with the latest technology in processing equipment. For our Industry Meat organization, we are looking for an: Area Sales Manager - Germany
As an Area Sales Manager you will be an expert of our meat process. You will follow a training program to gather all this knowledge. The duration of the program may vary, depending on your skills and experience. You work with agents and back office in determining the real customer need. You are ready for the next international step in your career. You know how to open the door at new customers but you know also what it means to be responsible for our existing customers in the market.
- Responsible for sales process, from prospect including until take-over protocol; during the meetings at the customer you will indicate the size of the projects and what is needed to make a project successful. A team of Product Specialists and Sales Engineers is available to support you during all phases. A project can vary from a single machine to a full line integrated system.
- Negotiating the final deal and including handling all final details of the terms and conditions is part of your responsibilities with support of our legal department and your manager.
- Your knowledge and opinion is an important asset to make account and strategic plans for the market. Together with your manager, you will prepare the annual sales plan and you take care of the execution of this plan.
- You will participate at (inter)national exhibitions, demos and events.
- You have a bachelor degree within a technical area (preferably mechanical engineering / food processing technology).
- Previous working experience about 5-8 years in a technical sales environment and you have the ambition to develop yourself further as a sales professional within a 1st class market leading company. Ideally, you have experience within the machinery of food sector, but this is not a must.
- As a person, you are pro-active, emphatic, energetic and sharp, result driven, independent and you have an entrepreneurial mind-set. You are down to earth and you have a pragmatic way of approaching your job and its tasks.
- The responsibilities include verbal and written communication with (foreign) offices on a daily basis.
- Native German, fluent English is a must.
- Last but not least, you are international oriented and you are willing to travel ca. 50% of your time.
Marel offers you plenty of space to develop yourself (internationally). The informal atmosphere gives you the opportunity to take responsibility and show initiative. You will of course be supported and supervised by the organization. Salary will depend on knowledge and experience. At Marel the challenges are there for the taking!
Please apply via the 'Apply' button.