Mid-Senior Interactive Designer - Wayfair (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
This position requires a visual designer with 3-5 years of professional design experience in an agency or multi-faceted team setting. The ideal applicant must be a creative thinker who is able to work independently and collaboratively with other members of the creative team. He/she will possess a deep understanding of brand identity development, and shows a strong professional trajectory with exceptional and continually evolving design skills that highlight flawless execution. With comfort in both brand definition and ongoing brand execution, you’ll have the passion to make a multi-faceted brand come to life.
Strong preference will be given to candidates with proven multi-layered design experience within a consumer facing and e-commerce background. Experience with web design is a MUST for this position. We need a designer with strong UI/UX, experience with emails and with banners.
- Work closely with designers, marketing, product managers, UX specialists, front-end developers, engineers and other internal departments to gain knowledge of the existing storefront, implement new features, and improve existing features, potentially act as a lead designer and help mentor other designers in the team.
- Conceptualize and create pixel-perfect mockups from sketches, wireframes, and spec documents (and on occasion, out of thin air!)
- Interpret needs, objectives, and direction from multiple sources of input to ensure design concepts meet brand standards and business goals
- Communicate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely while quickly applying feedback and direction as needed
- Act as a resource and thought partner to colleagues in other departments
- Strong web and email design experience that reads consistency from email message to landing page online
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in graphic design, visual communication, or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience designing outstanding products (preferably large-scale, dynamically driven ones for email and e-commerce)
- The ability to manage multiple projects, and thrive in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment
- Ability to produce quality work under tight deadlines is a must
- Strong talent for visual design, layout, and typography with excellent attention to detail (with a portfolio to prove it)
- Advanced understanding of photo retouching
- Understanding of design for female demographics
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- An affinity for current industry developments, design trends, and technologies
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem solving skills
- An interest in online shopping/e-commerce
- Sense of humor a must
We need to see your work to know if you are a fit for our team! Please submit a link to your online portfolio. The link can either be on your resume directly, or pasted into the ‘cover letter’ section of the wayfair.com/careers online application. Please note that only candidates with a portfolio of design work will be considered.
As the Interactive Designer you will be responsible for conceptualizing and producing high-quality creative work across a variety of customer touch points both online and offline– desktop & mobile web, e-mail, apps, direct mail, and social & display advertising– to bring one of the Internet’s largest retail brands to life for customers.
With $915 million in revenue, Wayfair is Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and employs more than 1,500 people in its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company was named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine.
Wayfair is privately held and has raised over $200 million from leading investors including Spark Capital, Battery Ventures, Great Hill Partners and HarbourVest Partners. The company was recently named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and was selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company To Work For and Top Company For Well Balanced Life.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.