(Junior) Machine Learning Engineer (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
MiNODES is a young high-growth technology business fundamentally transforming the way brick and mortar retailers engage with their customers. Headquartered in Berlin, with additional offices in New York and London, we provide global retailers with innovative SaaS solutions on a mission to enhance the consumers’ shopping experience and give brick and mortar retailers an edge over their online competitors in an increasingly digitized world. Our dynamic and ambitious team combines expertise from top players in retail, VCs, internet and tech startups. You will enjoy having high impact in a company with tremendous growth potential, giving you unparalleled opportunities for growing personally and professionally.
About the job
Do you love big data and machine learning? Do you have a strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data? If yes, you will love working at MiNODES!
At MiNODES, we empower our clients in the retail market with analytical tools to understand how people move inside and nearby shops. We deploy machine learning and data processing at scale in our data analytics pipeline, and constantly evaluate new state-of-the-art technologies to delight our customers with better results.
As a member of the Data Analytics team, you will be exposed to a modern technology stack and a slick agile team setup. You will be in the unique position to experiment with very large and proprietary datasets of wifi signals and mobile network data on a diverse set of challenging problems.
You will be responsible for
- Solving challenging problems with state-of-the-art machine learning pipeines
- Processing massive amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Engineering efficient and robust solutions suited for our scalable architectures
- Collaborating with business stakeholder with our organization
Who we are looking for
- M.Sc. degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or Computer Science
- Broad understanding and practical knowledge of machine learning and data mining algorithms
- Solid programming background (ideally in Python)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- “How can I help” mentality, excellent communication and team collaboration skills
Not a must, but we appreciate the following skills
- Programming experience with data processing frameworks (Spark, Flink, etc.)
- Experience with Python scientific libraries (pandas, scikit-learn, xgboost, keras, tensorflow, etc.)
- Experience with big data technologies (Hadoop, Cassandra, NoSQL, etc.)
What we offer
- A startup growing at a fast pace and boosted by the resources of our mother company Telefónica NEXT
- A great, motivated and international team to work with
- Lots of opportunities for learning and personal growth
- A competitive salary
- A modern office in Berlin near Checkpoint Charlie with many perks regarding work ergonomics
- Free drinks, breakfast, snacks and a Playstation 4
We're looking forward to receiving your application including a compelling motivation letter, a clearly arranged CV, your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectation.