Mobile Engineer (Android) (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 300 team members from 28 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
With millions of regular users, more than 30 million app downloads our iOS and Android apps are consistently high-ranked and high-rated by customers in both app stores.
Changing the way the language learning is done is a great challenge, so we are looking for an Android Engineer (m/f, full-time) to join our Berlin, Kreuzberg office.
You are a creative, innovative problem-solver with the vision to change the future of learning on mobile and wearable devices. You are an experienced developer of mobile applications who loves to work with ambitious colleagues in a challenging environment.
Your mission will be to build ground-breaking products on world-class technologies that bring the Babbel learning experience to the next level and to millions of people anytime, anywhere.
- Work in cross-functional, agile team closely together with designers and product owners to deliver the next generation of mobile learning apps
- Deliver high quality apps from designing and iterating new features into production in a short sprint cycle
- Take ownership of features, work with the team and stakeholders to implement great functionality and stunning user experience
- Work closely together with other engineering disciplines (backend, frontend, devops) to ensure seamless user experience and efficient overall architecture
- Identify and implement innovative solutions with a strong focus on long-term stability and maintainability of our code base
- Focus on continuous improvement to drive the evolution of our mobile engineering practices
- 2 years + experience in developing Android, ideally with a successful application in an app market
- Solid understanding of lean and agile practices, in particular SCRUM
- Software engineering practices: TDD, unit/functional automated testing, software design patterns
- In depth understanding of mobile platforms and their unique features concerning technology and user experience
- BONUS: Exposure to API design
- BONUS: Experience in iOS development (Objective C and Swift)
- BONUS: Contribution to open source projects
- BONUS: Strong focus on UI and animation (Material design).
- Passion for building great products and user-interfaces
- Open minded, outgoing, self-confident and positive personality
- Can do attitude, great team player
- Fluent in English
We offer you
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Cutting-edge tools & technologies
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 25 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene