Community Platform Manager (m/f/d)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
From the very beginning of Android development we have been an active part of the developer community. Connecting and exchanging about the latest trends we decided in 2009 to come together on a bigger scale and learn from each other in person.
Our first droidcon conference was held in Berlin and from there it has spread to over 20 countries. Our HQ team runs droidcon Berlin, New York and San Francisco and supports our partners in over 17 countries. droidcon is now a global developer conference series and a network focusing on the best of Android. We are dedicated to supporting the Android platform and create a global network for developers and companies. The first two droidcon conferences were organized by an international team of Android enthusiasts in Berlin and London in 2009. Since then this community driven conference format has spread around the globe rapidly. The conferences offer highclass talks from different parts of the Android ecosystem, including core development, embedded solutions, augmented reality, business solutions and games.
To support our global network of droidcon conferences as well as new products related to our droidcon ecosystem we are now looking for a Community Platform Manager.
We are looking to extend our team in Berlin, Germany with a Community Platform Manager (m/f/d)
We're looking for someone, who is passionate about networking, creating and building communities within the android developer tech scene. You'll be an integral part of our small Headquarter team with the task to develop our droidcon community platform, drive engagement and grow it even further. This position at Mobile Seasons will present you with countless opportunities to be creative, not only in terms of platform and community development but also globally in over 20 international droidcon locations.
Your responsibilities include reaching out to Android developer communities and influencers worldwide to drive traffic and engagement to our platform. In addition, you will drive media partnerships and content strategies to make the community platform an integral resource for Android developers. Your duties will also include hitting annual KPIs related to fostering community interaction, content contribution and understanding android community trends and needs.
- Lead product management for the droidcon global community platform, reporting directly to our Chief Innovation Officer
- Build up a strong online community platform based on all droidcon attendees wordlwide
- Foster a strong direct relationship with the droidcon community to increase activity and gather community feedback
- Identify and liaise very closely with influencers from the droidcon attendees to manage their needs and turn them into brand ambassadors
- Help build and manage a editorial & admin team
- Build up and manage social media presence and other communication channels
- Content creation and aggregation for news articles, patch notes and blog posts
- Liaise closely with the Technology Team to communicate stakeholder needs and fix issues
- Help to define further development of the community platform and the overall strategic direction of droidcon
- Manage and further develop KPIs to assess the health of the community and measure the impact of different activities
- Create regular reports for the senior management team
- Passionate about communities
- Excellent knowledge about tech scene and preferable Android eco system
- Familiar and experienced with all relevant tech tools like, slack, trello, pipedrive, mailchimp, google drive & docs
- 2+ years in community management or similar position for online platforms
- 2 + years marketing online platforms
- Strong network with social, competitive and android engineers, android designers
- Strong communicator to freelance Android developers and engineers as well as developer relationship managers within companies
- Experience developing volunteer teams
- Organized, reliable & target-oriented, self-empowerment
- Fluency in German & English, preferable English being the mother tongue other languages are a benefit
- Flexibility and passion for traveling
What We Offer
- A young, passionate, dynamic team.
- A fun and relaxed yet professional and target-oriented working environment.
- The challenge of building the online platform connecting our global droidcon community.
- Access to a global network of android enthusiasts
- An operational structure of flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Flexibility regarding time and place
- Possibility of 2 working days a week from a co-working space in Mitte
- We care for your wellbeing – check out our sports activities:
- Join our Yoga, Power Workout or Pilates class during lunch time
- Join our boulder team at Berta Block
- Join our beach volley ball team at Beach Park 61 (Gleisdreieck)
- Join our Cycling, Jogging groups
- 30 EUR support for your public transport ticket per month
- Free access to all events to our shareholders events (Messe Berlin GmbH)
- Great conditions for leasing a brand new bike
- We work hard and therefore celebrate our success twice a year with a big Summer Party and Christmas Party
Sounds like the job for you? We'd love to hear from you soon!
Application ends January 31st 2019
Please send your CV/ Resume as well as salary expectations via e-mail.