Hardware Design Engineer (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
We are a Swiss startup in medtech. that revolutionizes the work of veterinarians with our wireless system for real-time measurement and display of vital data for horses.
In our offices in Zurich and Berlin, we not only have loads of fun, we are also thrilled to make our product a worldwide success story. We are supported by the Swiss government, internationally funded and delighted to have our first product already in the German markets. We are now set to expand into new countries!
Do you enjoy to take on responsibility and have a real impact with your work? Do you have an entrepreneurial mind-set and work hands-on? Can you fall in love with Piavita and the team? We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Independently work on hardware design,implementation and verification
- Manage and enhance existing hardware products
- Develop PCB designs from prototype to end-product (usingAltiumDesignerCADTool)
- Assist with the design of automated test rigs
- Create block diagrams and select components for analog and digital circuits
- Embedded hardware design using microcontrollers and FPGA
- Design power supplies, amplifiers,and signal conditioning circuits
- Validation and troubleshooting of prototypes
- Exciting, challenging tasks and a steep learning curve in a young, rapidly growing startup
- Lots of freedom and opportunities to contribute your own ideas and execute them
- A young, professional and highly motivated team with an informal work culture
- Flat hierarchies and a dynamic work environment
- Attractive work space in Berlin Tempelhof with fruits, drinks, yoga...
- Apple hardware
- Degree in Electronic Engineering(B.A./M.A.or equivalent) with 2-3 years of experience in electronic hardware design
- Experience with digital, analog and/or mixed-signal circuit design
- Experience in design of power management circuitry
- High proficiency with using Altium CAD software to design schematic,PCB layout and Libraries
- Experience with various communication protocols on signal integrity level(e.g.USB,Ethernet,SPI,I2C,I2S,etc.)
- Understanding of or experience with concepts such as: high speed digital design,controlled impedance,cross talk,signal integrity,layout,and grounding techniques
- Experience in prototyping skills such as soldering, reworking PCBs,and bread-boarding proof of concepts
- Experience with simulation tools is aplus(e.g.Altium,LTSpice,TINA,orsimilar)
- Willing to work on problems with very little documentation on the parts(we are working on the newest technologies)
- Fluent in English; German is an advantage
Like what you read?
Awesome! Get in touch...
We are mainly interested in your motivation to work with us, but would also love to find out about your previous experience incl. relevant references.