Intern (m/f) - Venture Capital Investment Analyst
As investment analyst at Picus Capital you get the opportunity to support the investment managers throughout the entire investment funnel: From market screening, throughout discussions with the startup ventures/financial due diligence/price negotiation, to deal closing and portfolio management. Furthermore, you will be assigned specific work packages which you are responsible for exclusively. You also get the chance to meet and interact directly with CEO(s)/founder(s) of successful startup ventures.
- Continuous market/news screenings focusing on the investment areas of Picus
- Stand-alone creation of market analyses and company profiles
- Direct participation in discussions with the CEO(s) and founder(s) of startup ventures
- Support of the financial due diligence for short list candidates
- Aggregation/Preparation of portfolio company reportings
- Selective support of Picus-founded startup ventures
- Participation in the weekly investment meeting
- Strong interest in startups, investments, and venture capital
- Strong capability to think creatively and innovatively
- Excellent financial (modeling, accounting, etc.) and analytical skills
- Very good Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Very good university grades (top 30%)
- Fluency in German and English required
Timing / Location / Travel / Salary
- We are accepting applications of 3 months +
- We are hiring for our offices in Munich and Berlin
- Occasional travel may be required to attend events or meet startups
- Salary at market rate
Picus Capital is a privately-funded venture capital investment firm with an investment focus on PropTech, FinTech, HR and Renewable Energies startup ventures in the EU/US. Picus can be considered an early-stage investor (initial investment typically Pre-Seed/Seed/Series A) with a „first-in last-out“ strategy. As a privately-funded investment firm Picus is not bound to the typical venture capital fund life-cycle, but has a strategic, long-term investment philosophy to develop great companies together with the founders through a close, informal and continuous collaboration.
If interested, please send an application including your CV to Andreas Oetker (see e-mail in contact details). Feel free to contact us in case of any questions.