PR Manager France & UK (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
PR Manager France & UK (m/f)
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 400 team members from over 36 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
Changing the way the language learning is done is a great challenge, so we are looking for a PR Manager to join our Berlin office and take care of the French as well as the UK market.
As PR manager France & UK you drive the visibility of Babbel in the local media. France as well as the UK are key countries for Babbel, so you will be able to make a great impact. In this role you are responsible to create a localized PR-strategy and to further execute this via various campaigns, placements at key-events, partnerships with like-minded players and media relations. You will be backed by Babbel's fully developed and highly motivated international PR team and manage local PR agencies which you will lead and drive to new heights. And yes, you will be traveling.
Responsibilities for the role
- Develop and execute PR strategies
- Bring to life compelling story angles and cultivate relationships with key journalists
- Steadily drive media relations, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Identify media trends, news cycles and un-tapped media opportunities
- Write press releases and media kits as well as manage translation process for global press releases
- Work with PR team as well as cross-functional teams in order to execute brand initiatives
- Build relationships with potential partners to grow brand, product and industry awareness
- Place Babbel’s spokespeople at French & British key events
- Manage local PR agencies
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an agency or in-house PR
- Proven track record in communications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Existing network of technology and lifestyle media contacts
- High affinity with topics relating to tech, languages, online learning or similar
- Hands-on mentality; able to work independently with a high motivation and eagerness to learn
- French or English native with
- high-level English skills (German is a plus)
- Excellent working conditions in the heart of Berlin
- Opportunity for personal growth and development: we are a learning company and take learning seriously
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international team from over 36 different nationalities
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks etc.)