Principal Data Engineer (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Think Big Analytics provides expert advisory and implementation services for open source big data solutions. As the first and only pure-play big data services firm, our Architects, Data Scientists and Engineers are trusted advisors to the world's most innovative companies. Our experienced teams combine a distinctive methodology and a proven Think Big Analytics Velocity Framework that includes tested design patterns and pre-built components, to help clients build applications faster. Think Big Analytics helps clients leverage big data analytics by integrating open source platforms, such as Hadoop, NoSQL and streaming engines, with best-of-breed data warehousing environments. More information: www.thinkbiganalytics.com.
We are now recruiting a
Principal Data Engineer (m/f)
Locations: Berlin or Munich
As a Principal Data Engineer (m/f), you will provide technical and managerial leadership to a world-class engineering team that designs and develops pioneering large-scale cluster data processing systems. You will collaborate with Sales and Services Directors to develop new business and manage existing client relationships. You will mentor sophisticated organizations on large-scale data and analytics and work with client teams to deliver results. As a senior member of the consulting team, you will help Think Big establish thought leadership in the big data field by contributing white papers, technical commentary and representing our company at industry conferences.
- Prior consulting experience required
- Prior experience managing client relationships
- 5+ years of experience managing software teams
- 7+ years of experience programming in Java or C/C++
- Proficient in SQL, NoSQL, relational database design and methods for efficiently retrieving data
- Prior experience with Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig and MapReduce
- Experience building complex and non-interactive systems (batch, distributed etc.)
- Must be adept at sizing and estimating new projects as well as have experience supporting new business development
- Must have strong analytical skills and be a creative problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in German and English
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies
- Strong team player capable of working in a demanding start-up environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science or related technical field
- Ability to travel for up to 70% of the time
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with JMS: ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, JBoss etc.
- Dynamic and/or functional languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Scala, Clojure)
- Prior experience with data warehousing and business intelligence systems
- Linux expertise
- Familiarity with different development methodologies (e.g. agile, waterfall, XP, Scrum etc.)
- Understanding of various analytic and visualization utilities available in R
If this role sounds interesting to you, please apply directly on our company website.