Product Lead/Owner (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
For our venture capital funded start-up, CONJOULE, we are looking for a highly-committed Product Lead for our rapidly growing team.
If you have a passion to join a team building the energy market place of the future, we want to hear from you. On offer are salary, benefits and share options.
This opportunity to shape the energy model of the future will a be a standalone venture fully funded with a development runway for the next 24 months. The energy industry is on the verge of revolution driven by a growing range of hardware solutions – batteries, PV, smart home and e-mobility – together with the potential of a fully digital customer journey. In the first phase, Conjoule is developing a local marketplace connecting energy buyers and sellers.
The team comprises energy specialists and marketing and business development experts to drive customer focused product development. Conjoule’s initial customers are based around the cities of Essen and Mülheim. A German wide rollout is planned together with parallel roll outs in UK and NL. The core team will be located in Essen/Düsseldorf, with a working space in Berlin.
Following roll out of the first product, Conjoule’s market place will eventually encompass all energy users at all scales to buy and sell all energy products in the absence of an intermediary.
What you have to deal with as Product Manager:
- Relentless focus on customer needs and continuous product improvement
- Responsible for product development process from customer needs identification, product definition, development and operational hand over. Working closing with the technical team to ensure the customer need-product-solution fit
- Translating the product definition into technical specifications that can then be implemented by the technical development team. That is understand, analyse and break down business topics into implementable features
- Manage the product development roadmap and strategy. Creating and maintaining the product backlog
- Working closely with our clients in both B and C segment to ensure development and build of the best quality products
- Experience in building all phases of end-to-end product development
- Experience in key stakeholder and cross-functional communications
- Defining and negotiating all the commercial interfaces and contracts with energy suppliers, DSOs etc for product delivery
- Ensuring regulatory compliance for all products and working with regulators to ensure that we provide input into key regulatory matters and decisions related to peer-to-peer energy markets
- Converting changes in the regulatory landscape into commercial opportunities
The assets you bring in:
- You have a university engineering, energy, mathematics or business administration
- You have experience of working with marketing/acquisition, technical development and commercial teams to define and iterate customer propositions
- You have 3-10 years in the energy industry with an understanding of distributed renewable energy and storage, energy markets and retail
- Experience of direct marketing, portfolio management, retail product development, wholesale energy marketing and ancillary services
- Ideally, experience working with Agile teams, good understanding of Scrum, experience with Agile toolset for managing Backlog, Product Roadmap and User Stories.
- You are comfortable working in a flexible, agile and iterative environment and dealing with ambiguity.
- Understanding of iterative software development principles & practices
- Excellent English and German language skills, written and spoken.
- You come to join us with a huge portion of pioneer and entrepreneurial spirit, courage, creativity and passion for our vision