Linux System Administrator (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
ProfitBricks. Building blocks for your career.
Welcome to ProfitBricks, the IaaS Company!
We work within and influence the strongest growing IT sector worldwide. Founded in 2010 by our CEO Achim Weiss, ProfitBricks GmbH customers can create and manage virtual Cloud data centers that match their requirements exactly. High performance, redundant and easy to configure, cloud infrastructure that is billing by actual minutes used.
From our in-house developed graphical user interface and control panel for our customers, to our unique technical features and API; we’ve built a cloud IaaS service that really stands out in the marketplace. The passion and work of our colleagues make this possible, and we’re excited to be adding some new faces to the team.
- Maintenance of our public Cloud platform and support for the provisioning of services at all levels
- Cross-department cooperation for the continuous improvement of our relation models
- Integration and roll-out of new features and patches
- Ensuring maximum availability and scalability for our customer´s systems
- Creation of useful documentation, as well as verification and maintenance of existing documentation
- Continuous improvement of our services and internal service management processes
- Experience in Linux server administration, preferably Debian
- Scripting experience: especially Bash and Python
- Good knowledge in KVM virtualisation
- Experience with Icinga / Observium / InfluxDB
- DNS/DHCP administration
- Problem analysis of network technology (tcpdump, Wireshark, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Basic knowledge of Ceph
- Assessment of problems and suggestions for improvements
- Bonus: ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
What we offer you
- A leading technology company, flat hierarchies and opportunities for you to shape your personal development
- The possibility to further develop the technology behind our offer
- A variety of team and staff events (e.g. monthly "meet & greet" events)
- An international environment with 110 colleagues with 23 different nationalities
- Progressive training events (e.g. "lunch & learn")
- German classes for all non-German colleagues
- Free fruit and drinks selection, PlayStation and table football
- Full relocation service for employees who join us from foreign countries
- One of the most popular districts of Berlin: Prenzlauer Berg is an exceptionally varied district that offers an excellent quality of life
Become a part of the ProfitBricks team! Send your CV and materials, along with your availability and salary requirements to the mail in the contact information. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Kathleen Fraedrich. Thank you!