Data Engineer (m/f) - Scala
- Mit Berufserfahrung
FlixTech, the highly skilled IT organization that contributes to FlixBus’s success, is currently looking for a Data Engineer Scala (m/f) to join our Munich office. FlixTech is an organization with more than 150 members, organized in more than 20 cross-functional agile teams that base their work on state of the art technologies. To sum it all up, we have great ambitions and offer excellent career opportunities.
To support our team we are currently looking for a Data Engineer (m/f) - Scala based in Munich starting as soon as possible.
- You are in charge to build a data platform that manages our companies' data flows by using your profound Scala knowledge
- The platform consists of several services (messaging, streaming, persistence, machine learning etc.) that can be used by our product development teams in a self-service way
- As a member of one of our product development teams, you build data-intensive applications on top of our data platform, ranging from data ingestion to processing and making use of the data to provide smart services to our customers and internal business users
- Several years of experience as Data Engineer or Software Engineer
- Solid expertise in Scala; any other language is a plus
- Working experience with structured engineering methods like test first (TDD, BDD)
- Experience with big data technologies (Flume, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Redshift and NoSQL Databases) and practical experience with Amazon Web Services
- Previous experience in the design and implementation of complex data pipelines and familiarity with machine learning, real-time data processing, data warehousing and data visualization techniques are a plus
- Fluent in English; every other European language is a plus
- Have an impact. Our IT department is composed of small, cross-functional product focused teams using cutting edge technologies and agile development practices. We are changing the way people travel, and you too can have an impact on this ride
- Trust-based working. We don't punch the clock – organize your own schedule
- Push boundaries. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world
- Never stop learning. Work on self-defined challenges during our bi-monthly HackRdays, attend top conferences and trainings paid for by your yearly stipend
- Fun at work and beyond. Discover the world with your free FlixBus rides and join our regular team events – there's always something to celebrate
- Feel at home. We provide you with relocation support, a laptop, comfortable working space, free drinks, casual dress code, language course support, diverse employee discounts and more
If you would like to rewrite the history of mobility with us then join our ride and send us your online application.