Senior Associate (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
We are currently looking for a senior associate to join our Berlin office in order to support our activities in the DACH and Nordic regions. The successful candidate should have at 3 – 5 years of work experience in fast pace and analytical environments such as finance, consulting, banking or fast growing start-ups as well as a strong technical understanding or background.
About Partech Ventures
Founded in 1982, Partech is a leader in venture capital and is based in Europe (Berlin and Paris) and the US (San Francisco). We focus on high-growth opportunities in Internet and Information Technology. Specific areas we invest in include e-commerce, Digital Media, Software and Telecom. In each of these areas, we look for companies with a disruptive approach and clear leadership potential.
Our partners have been working together for many years and therefore collaborate seamlessly throughout the investment lifecycle of our portfolio companies. Our seasoned industry experts in Europe and the US leverage a global network in order to generate an international sourcing of the best projects and due diligence abilities. This unique approach of international collaboration and tight team culture allows us to “think globally and act locally”, and ultimately add value to the ambition of our Entrepreneurs.
About the position
- Your duties as senior associate will include:
- Sourcing new investment opportunities by attending conferences and leveraging dedicated research tools
- Meeting entrepreneurs in their fundraising process, analyzing their companies and selecting the most interesting ones;
- Processing and analyzing early and growth stage investment opportunities in regards to market size, business model, business plan, competitive landscape & positioning including writing investment memorandums
- Performing due diligence on potential investments
- Organizing and leading deal flow activities and supporting Partech’s internal processes & weekly tasks
The senior associate should have a deep interest in new technologies / start-up ecosystem. Strong analytical skills and structured thinking are necessary to be able to keep up within a fast-paced environment: every week many companies need to be analyzed based on multiple criteria such as Technology / Business Model / Market / Scalability / Management / and more. On top of that, we love curious, daring and entrepreneur-minded people who work autonomously and take initiatives. Ability to work in German and English is required.
- Academic Background: Bachelor or Master in engineering
- Professional Experience: Consulting / Banking / VC / Tech Entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Personal Skills: Strong analytical skills & interest in new technologies / digital businesses
- Languages: Fluency in German and English is required
Please send an email with your resume, cover letter and links to your online presence (Twitter, Blog) -if relevant- attached to: firstname.lastname@example.org