Senior Backend Developer (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
ParkTAG is an app-based automated crowdsourcing service for curbside parking vacancy. Users report free parking spots through the auto-detect feature. Globally roughly 300 Mio parking-pested drivers can thus save around 15 minutes every day. The experienced team is looking for an outstanding Developer to accelerate current technology development. You will report directly to the CTO.
- Continuously improve ParkTAG’s backend services to process the continuous flow of the mobile sensors data
- Partner with the CTO and Machine Learning Specialists to design and develop advanced machine learning and predictive analytics capabilities for vehicle movements on mobile platforms and in our backend
- Work the complete process: the data collection process, the processing of the collected data, testing and training different algorithms
- At least 4 years of experience in ruby on rails or python development
- Experience with mobile development on Android or iOS their constraints
- Pragmatic, performance driven and hands-on mindset
- Quality and test focused
- Strong computer science background
- Hands on experience with big data tools such as R, Hadoop, RapidMiner, Weka, Spark, Storm etc.
- Experience in algorithm development
- Ability to work and communicate in a fast paced international environment
- Comprehensive education in a relevant discipline (e.g. MSc in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Physics) or equivalent proof of knowledge
- Absolutely fluent in English; German is a plus but not mandatory
What We Offer
- Great challenges, including scaling (a couple of thousand requests per minute), real time sensor data processing to build products that no one else ever developed, advanced machine learning on gigabytes of data to improve our detections and predictions and many more.
- Join a securely financed and ambitious high tech startup with multinational corporate clients
- Inspiring high tech endeavor that can change parking for users globally
- Experienced management team (eBay, Cisco, Testberichte, Volkswagen, Tchibo, HitFox, etc.), flat hierarchies, fast decisions
- Experienced, motivated, intercultural and fun (!) team
- Located in the heart of Germany’s Startup city #1: Berlin (remote work possible)