Senior Buyer (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
MONOQI is the online destination for unique and aspirational products. Founded by Simon Fabich and Felix Schlegel in 2011, the Berlin-based company offers hand-picked, 'hard-to-find' design products and furnishings, often as part of exclusive or limited editions that can be purchased for a limited time only via MONOQI's online shop. Now operating with a staff of around 80 employees, MONOQI works with a team of international design scouts who search the world for designers and manufacturers creating high-quality products and curating sale offers for the company's growing customer base.
MONOQI's biggest shareholders include Condé Nast, whose German portfolio includes VOGUE, GLAMOUR, myself, GQ Gentlemen's Quarterly, GQ Style, AD Architectural Digest and WIRED. MONOQI also counts angel investor Christopher Maire amongst its backers, as well as Dario Suter and Jochen Gutbrod.
We are a multinational, enthusiastic and fun team based in Berlin’s heart. And we are looking for an enthusiastic, engaged and motivated Senior Buyer who ideally is passionate about design.
Be part of a small growing team realizing a big vision and enjoy a great, open working environment with highly talented, open and dynamic people.
About what you will be working on
- Forecasting, planning and implementing the buying strategies to maximize sales and profit
- Identifying objectives and action plans to improve short and long-term buying negotiations
- Focusing on monthly sales targets and KPIs
- Development of good and new suppliers; by establishing and maintaining a good relationship with designer brands
- Projecting expected profit for existing and new products
- Maintaining sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, and competitors
- Establishing and adjusting both buying and selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, supply and demand
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Supervising work of other staff members to ensure productivity and providing assistance as needed
- As you’re top of the pyramid in this role, you’re going to need a detailed, profound knowledge of the products, sector and market as well as
- Degree in Business Administration, Economics, or E-commerce related
- At least 3 years experience in sales e-commerce and/or merchandise planning
- Motivation for Sales and good negotiation skills
- Building Relationship skills
- Market Knowledge
- Ability to multitask and problem solving
- Leadership skills, yet still be a teammember
- Strong Organizational and excellent Communication Skills
- Relevant technical and operational experience would be an advantage
- Excel & Number crunching skills
- Fluent in both English and German (mandatory)
We are looking forward to receiving your application via the following link: