Senior Frontend Software Engineer (m/f)
- Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer (full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin, Germany.
Who we are
With millions of regular users and more than 9,000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing fast while shaping the future of learning. We defined the market for online language learning, and today our product is available worldwide across multiple platforms. Now, we’re about to embark on an exciting new journey to change the way people learn languages.
How we work
Our team is organized in full-stack features teams. That means that our teams do everything from concept, UX/UI to analytics and DB, and of course web development. We create our product in an agile manner, and have dynamic and a fast growing team. We are continuously trying to identify problems and optimizing our agile engineering and management practices.
Who are we looking for
You are a passionate Frontend developer with deep technological know how that loves to develop great products. You have an eye for details, and think that quality is a must. You enjoy working in a fast moving and diverse company. You strive to make your environment one where everyone shares the goal of delivering outstanding product increments to our customers, as quickly as possible.
- Work in a cross-functional, agile (SCRUM) team closely together with designers and product owners to deliver the next generation of learning app.
- Deliver high quality apps, from design to production in a short sprint cycle, iterating on new features.
- Take ownership of features, work with the team and stakeholders to implement great functionality and a stunning user experience.
- Work closely together with other engineering disciplines (backend, mobile, devops) to ensure seamless user experience and efficient overall architecture.
- Identify and implement innovative solutions/architecture and have strong focus on long-term stability and maintainability of our code base.
- 4+ years experience building frontend applications
- Experience with implementing user interfaces that work across device capabilities and screen sizes
- Experience with automatically testing frontend applications
- Experience with product development from concept to maintenance, in an agile environment
- Experience with design and consumption of REST-based APIs
- Passion about Web Standards
- Experience with optimizing frontend performance
- Software development talent proven by great work results/experience, hobby projects or open source contributions
- Fluent in English
- OPTIONAL: Eye for design and usability details
- OPTIONAL: Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Tackle high volume, scaleable problems with cutting-edge technologies
- Be an essential part of building an exciting product and take important architectural and technological decisions
- The potential to change how millions of users worldwide learn languages
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Participate in hackdays, technology brown-bags
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, free fresh fruits & drinks, Hackathons etc.)