Senior Full-Stack Engineer - Ruby on Rails (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for Senior Rails Full-Stack Engineer (m/f, full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing fast while we are shaping the future of learning.
You are a creative, innovative problem-solver with the vision to change the future of learning. You are an experienced full-stack software engineer with a passion for frontend who loves to work with ambitious colleagues in a challenging environment.
Your mission will be to build ground-breaking products on world-class technologies that bring the Babbel learning experience to the next level and to millions of people anytime, anywhere.
As the Technical Lead for one of our Ruby on Rails teams with focus on user experience you will work in a cross-functional Scrum team together with designers and engineers to enable the team to deliver high quality, innovative products and features in a short sprint cycle
- lead the team to technical excellence (together with our frontend architecture lead)
- have the complete technical overview of the technical solution and remind team of long term architecture vision
- facilitate standards and quality within the team, reduce technical debt
- be part of the team (write signficant amount of code - not own the code alone, but ensure collective code ownership)
- coach and challenge the team as well as team members in developing technical & personal skills
- conduct regular objectives & feedbacks, assist in hiring and ensure onboarding of new employees
- work closely with the ScrumMaster to improve Scrum adoption and agile processes in the team
- work closely together with product owners and stakeholders to assure technical feasibility and identify risks at an early stage
- 5 years+ experience in delivering stunning front-end products
- Solid understanding of lean and agile practices, in particular SCRUM
- Software engineering practices: TDD, unit/functional automated testing, CI, CD, software design and architecture
- Outstanding software development talent proven by great work results/experience, hobby projects or open source contribution
- Passion for building great products and user-interfaces
- Open minded, outgoing, self-confident and positive personality
- Can do attitude, great team player
- Fluent in english
- Knowlege about cross-plattform responsive design
- Skill in writing scalable and multi platform frontend code.
- Knowledge about Frontend Performance Optimization
- Knowledge about frontend libraries like jQuery, YUI, prototype and also JS coding without libraries.
- Basic knowledge of node.js, Python etc.
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Cutting-edge tools & technologies
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene