Senior Java Web Developer for Web Platform (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Are you looking for a new job that is both challenging and exciting? Are you full of ambition and want to make a difference? Are you eager to change the world of online work with us? Then twago is the right place for you!
twago is a successful, internationally active IT-Start-Up on its way to become an established online company. We change the world of team work by connecting service providers and business companies from all over the world in order to successfully manage various projects.
We are currently looking for committed and experienced applicants for a position as Senior Java Web Developer. If you have a hands-on attitude and enjoy working with a team of smart, fun people then this could be your next career opportunity.
- As Senior Java Web Developer you will be responsible for developing our server-side, Java-based web application
- You will be working together with an experienced, high-performing development team of frontend and backend developers
- You will have an essential role in the process of delivering meaningful products and features
What we expect from you
- Excellent programming skills in Java, some of the following rings a bell: classloader, cafebabe, serialization, happens-before, eventually consistent, covariant, polymorphism, closures/lambdas.
- Other languages (C#, Ruby, Scala) are a plus.
- You understand that OO-programming is more than class hierarchies
- Experience with classic Java web frameworks, such as JSF, Wicket, Spring-MVC, Stripes
- Experience with relational Databases (MySQL, Postgres, etc), NoSQL stores are a plus
- Good understanding of web standards and architectures (HTTP, MVC etc. ) and eager to go beyond (SPDY etc.)
- Understanding of web performance best-practises (Caching, bundling etc) and their architectural implications
- Familiarity with agile development, DevOps and startup mentality
- Desire to work closely with your colleagues, move your team forward and make your team greater than the sum of the individuals
- Excellent written communication and documentation abilities in English (German is a plus)
What you bring with you
- BS/ MS in Computer Science or a related academic area, or equivalent work experience
- 4 years of full-time work experience in software development with extensive experience in building web-centric products in Java
- Demonstrated technical contribution to at least one crucial middle-tier project or product, from conception to production release
- Proven experience building systems which apply modern middle-tier architecture and design patterns
- Experience in building solutions for high traffic web sites is appreciated
What we offer
- An ideal environment in which to grow with a successful start-up
- A fantastic opportunity to learn and do more outside of your current comfort zone
- Increasing autonomy, authority, and accountability based on your contributions
- Opportunity to bring in and realize your own ideas
- Working alongside an experienced, successful and international team
- Competitive salary and very attractive office in the heart of Berlin (Mitte)