(Senior) Market & Trend Analyst (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Help a renowned industry leader to design the journey of tomorrow
About us: The Berlin-based Lufthansa Innovation Hub GmbH (LIH) is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group. We are a small, seasoned team consisting experienced Lufthanseats and experts from the startup ecosystem committed to fast-track world-renowned brands such as Lufthansa, Eurowings SWISS, Austrian Airlines and Miles & More into the digital age.
Depending on the individual challenge LIH leverages established, proven business models and companies with the assets of Lufthansa Group and develops its own, tailor-made solutions based on tangible customer pain points. In this regard we are working closely with experts from the Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven entrepreneurs from the tech ecosystem.
Job summary: The (Senior) Market &Trend Analyst setups, maintains and owns our core knowledge and startup database focusing on global travel tech and mobility markets to support systematic knowledge transfer into various divisions of Lufthansa Group as well as the ongoing Venture Development of the LIH.
You will be particularly responsible for the initial setup and maintenance of the database and respective tools, the management of associated scouting partners, agencies and startup accelerators as well as the regular compilation of internal and external industry reports. Your research scope will focus on digitally-driven innovation in travel and mobility, the allocation of global Venture Capital in this context as well as the development of certain targets within relevant industry verticals.
Being a fairly fresh department of the LIH the Market & Trend Analyst position will give you the chance to establish a long-term-oriented knowhow basis benefiting many cornerstones of the Lufthansa Group as well as tangible products potentially touching millions of travelers around the globe.
- Exceptional science-oriented degree or degree in Business Administration is a must, MBA a bonus
- Ability to extract key messages from huge amount of structured and unstructured data is a must. Ability to visualize findings is a bonus
- At least 4 years of professional experience in Management Consulting, Market/Trend Research, Venture Capital and/or Private Equity
- Credible understanding of major technologies, startups and their relevant growth drivers
- Hands-on experience with 2.0 research databases (e.g. Mattermark, Tracxn, CBInsights)
- Strong analytical skills with ability to compile and analyze performance data
- Distinct travel & mobility affinity
- Fluent in English and German
- Professional touch points with travel (tech) and/or mobility
- Professional startup experience
- Be our first point of contact for structural information needs in the context of travel and mobility tech
- Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customer preferences
- Compile and analyze statistical data, using modern and traditional methods to collect them
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties research and implement best practices
- Setup ongoing trend watching, market analysis and foresight in infrastructure utilizing major research tools and databases as well as an already existing network of external scouts and consultants
- Curate specific market intelligence driving decisions in the Lufthansa Innovation Hub Venture Development team and Lufthansa Group innovation units as well as fostering content creation (e.g. for external communication purposes, management presentations etc.)
What we offer
- Build up a new center of competence within the Lufthansa Innovation Hub
- Be an essential member of a smart and hard-working team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in the aviation industry
- Work in the entrepreneurial unit of an industry-leading player promoting iterative, straight-forward execution
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced entrepreneurs as supporter and challenger
- Gain exceptional perspective and learn about one of the hottest industries in tech
- Receive competitive compensation including performance bonus and fringe benefits
Lufthansa Innovation Hub GmbH
Rosenthaler Str. 32