Senior PHP Engineer / Team Lead Operational Engineering (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Senior PHP Engineer / Team Lead Operational Engineering (f/m)
Wayfair is looking for an experienced PHP Engineer to join our European Operational Engineering team.
This is a new and growing cross-functional team that builds our back end e-commerce functionality with an eye towards efficiency and scalability, and supports our European business across the board.
This includes the services and tools that are used by our operations staff, marketing staff, as well as suppliers, partners, carriers, and delivery agents. You'll be asked to solve a wide range of challenging business problems which extend the competitive advantage that separates Wayfair from other online retailers. We work on a diverse group of systems that covers everything in the web stack – front-end tools, batch and event driven processing, SQL databases and more. All of this comes together with the goal of creating a pleasant marketing, ordering, shipping and delivery experience that exceeds customer expectations.
Our ideal engineer has a varied breadth of knowledge in Web, desktop, and data technologies as well as strength in building highly scalable efficient systems. We are looking for sharp leaders who enjoy innovation and thrive on making an impact with a keen sense for blending both reliable and cutting edge technology for optimal ROI.
An ideal candidate has
- Background in Computer Science or related field
- Strong back end programming experience with PHP
- experience in mentoring, teaching and leading teams or the motivation to do so
- Experience and desire to work in an agile environment
- Ability to work with large and complex MS SQL Server databases
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to collaborate with other engineering teams
- Ability to quickly translate business requirements into working features
Nice to have (the more the better)
- Experience implementing functionality according to a Service-Oriented-Architecture (SOA)
- Working knowledge of website security best practices
- Database performance tuning
- Familiarity with building tools for measurement & analytics
- Familiar with keyword search, and affiliate advertising concepts
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Apply for this job: http://www.wayfair.de/careers#job=oVxh2fwv
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.