Senior PHP / Magento Backend Developer (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Are you looking for a thriving, passionate, and challenging work environment within web development? Do you want to be part of a team that has a real business impact by shaping the online sales and marketing platform of RaceChip? Then you are the perfect fit for our development team.
RaceChip is the leading global chiptuning company. We develop and market high-tech performance enhancements for more than 60 automotive manufacturers and 3.000 vehicles. Today, just 7 years after our foundation, we already sell 100.000 chiptuning products p.a. in more than 135 countries globally. This incredible success is based on the skills, the motivation and creativity of our team.
Besides developing cutting edge chiptuning products for modern automobiles, our tremendous success has been based on an industry leading IT platform managing all internal processes as well as our online shop network. Hence, our developer team and its capabilities are core to our business. In order to further extent our lead in online sales and marketing, we are constantly improving and, if necessary, re-inventing our IT platform.
To drive our global expansion, our IT developer team is looking for a Senior PHP / Magento Backend Developer (m/f) to join our Munich team. In this role, you will be responsible for scaling, extending and improving our Magento based online shop platform.
- You will take over project responsibility for developing, implementing, and improving RaceChip’s next generation e-Commerce modules and features
- You will be in charge of your project’s success, including designing and executing software architecture, resource allocation and process implementation, which meet budget, quality and time targets
- Proactive creation of innovative solutions to further benefit the business, e.g. by optimizing our platform for scalability or creating a smooth and pleasant end user experience, both for our customers and our internal users
- Designing and developing the integration of our Magento-based shop with RaceChip’s backoffice - or other external systems
- Close collaboration with the teams being responsible for other modules of our IT platform, the Frontend Development team, DevOps and our Business Intelligence team
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in one or more demanding technical roles within the Magento e-Commerce framework
- You are a skilled developer with experience in programming with PHP 5 and are familiar with at least one PHP application framework, preferably Zend
- You successfully finished your academic studies in the field of computer sciences or equivalent professional experience
- Magento certifications are a plus
- Profound knowledge of the Magento platforms’ capabilities (additional experience in the area of e-Commerce applications is a plus), data import structure, software APIs and REST / SOAP based services
- You have a broad knowledge of the latest tools (git, composer, SphinxSearch, Jenkins, PHPStorm, XDebug, JMeter, vagrant, VirtualBox) and methodologies in software development (Scrum and Kanban)
- You are used to working with relational databases (particularly MySQL, possibly NoSQL) and data formats (JSON, XML)
- You have experience in working with distributed systems and are able to design and develop sustainable remote interfaces using REST and / or SOAP
- Your flexibility, proactivity and openness combined with the willingness to perform and to work autonomously complete your profile
- You are fluent in English. A profound German knowledge is a plus
What we offer
- Great opportunities for personal and professional growth and an attractive working, dynamically growing, entrepreneurial e-Commerce environment
- Responsibility from day one in a highly professional and vibrant IT team, with a steep learning curve, flat command structures and a no attitude culture
- Everyday use of modern development tools/frameworks, high degree of responsibility and autonomy
- A competitive salary combined with the opportunity to actively shape RaceChip’s future
- Participation in conferences and events relevant to your professional and personal development
- Regular company and team events together with a modern and spacious office close to Munich’s city center
- Relocation service to help anyone moving to Munich from abroad
If you are interested in being a part of an exciting success story, we look forward to hearing from you. Please send a copy of your resume, relevant credentials (including, if available, project examples and your Github user name), your earliest possible start date and your expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to receiving your convincing application either in German or in English.
In case of any questions, please feel free to reach out to Franziska Fiedler (+49 (0) 7023 - 77 999 - 85).
We are looking forward to your application!