Senior PHP Software Engineer / Team Lead (m/f)
- Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
The Storefront team is responsible for core PHP (LAMP) development of our customer facing e-commerce sites, purchase & search functionality as well as custom functions designed to enhance customer browsing experience.
We are looking to add a talented and versatile Software Engineering Team Lead to the Berlin Storefront team to specifically work on building our growing European presence for Wayfair/Joss & Main Europe as well as mentor and lead a small team of developers.
An ideal candidate has
- Experience building web-based, PHP centric, e-commerce applications to be integrated with and enhance our current platform. We run a highly customized modified LAMP stack.
- Desire to mentor, teach and lead teams.
- Proficient with PHP and Object Oriented design/development expertise.
- Working with several large and complex SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Developing software algorithms to streamline back end business workflow
- Producing robust, elegant and scalable software that performs well under high load
- Being creative and resourceful to solve complex business challenges
- Understanding our needs, risks and making appropriate technology decisions
- 5+ years of Object Oriented (ideally PHP) Open Source Web Development experience (either demonstrable personal project work or within the industry)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering from a 4-year college or university
Nice to have
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- An easy-going attitude and strong sense of humor
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link
NOTE: PLEASE READ IF APPLYING – Wayfair uses a US based applicant tracking system as some default questions will highlight. For “City” please list your city of residence but for “state” list “not applicable;” for the US work authorization questions, please feel free to reply “no” to both. These are required fields by default, but they will not be fields used to qualify applicants in Germany.
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Read our Engineering Blog
Find us on Facebook and Twitter
Check out our YouTube Channel
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.