Senior Systems Engineer (AWS) - Big Data Infrastructure (m/w)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for a Systems Engineer (full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing fast while shaping the future of learning.
You are an experienced software engineer who has built and run AWS-based infrastructure in internet companies before and you want to apply your expertise in the challenging setting of a fast moving company.
In your role, in the data engineering team, you will help evolving our existing data architecture and infrastructure to further enable data-driven insight.
You will collaborate closely with infrastructure, lead technical architects and the analytics team to deliver the platform for analytics solutions addressing different stakeholders as well as introduce new technologies in the area of analytics, reporting, monitoring and dashboards.
Your day to day work will include:
- design, create and operate the machinery that powers the data platform for our different internal customers (e.g. product teams, marketing, finance, operations)
- develop data-processing pipelines with a mind toward accuracy, scalability and high performance
- design, build and maintain high performing ETL processes, including data quality and testing
- investigate next generation data and analytics technologies and toolin
- A passion for staying on top of emerging data-processing technologies
- 5+ years professional experience designing, building, monitoring, or scaling data processing pipelines.
- Good knowledge in both SQL and NoSQL databases, data modeling, data representation and API design
- Deep, hands-on AWS experience including EMR, RDS, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, SWF
- Strong engineering background, ideally experienced with medium to large sized cloud-based data systems
- Thorough understanding of service-oriented architectures and data processing in high-volume applications
- Strong understand of object-oriented software design principles
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or related field preferred.
- PLUS: Experience with Spark
- PLUS: DevOps knowledge
- PLUS: Experience with Agile, Scrum/Kanban methodology
- Tackle data intense challenges with a cloud-based setup and latest cutting-edge technologies
- The freedom to publish open source projects (see on github)
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Participate in hack days, technology brown-bags
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 36 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks, Hackathons etc.)
- Check out our jobs page, our blog and our tech blog to get an impression of how we work at Babbel!