Senior Web Developer (m/f)
- Work as part of a project team and be responsible for all web development efforts
- Keep focus on design consistency and user experience
- Write and maintain tests to improve software quality
- Automate recurring tasks, help us simplify operations
- Design and implement robust and scalable web applications
We're hiring someone who is smart and adaptive, able to learn new technologies and get things done.
You will be working on different web applications for internal and external use, including our web site at skoobe.de, our REST APIs for distributing ebooks and storing user data, our highly automated infrastructure running on AWS and/or our core content management application.
Skills & Requirements:
- Legal right to work in Germany
- 3+ years experience designing and writing web applications
- Extensive development experience in Python. Bonus if you have worked in other languages like C, Java or have used Tornado or SQLAlchemy, AWS, MySQL and/or NoSQL datastores
- Extensive knowledge with web and browser technologies
- Good sense for design, usability and user experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Comfortable in an English-speaking work environment
At Skoobe we want to change how people read books. We are building the world's first trade ebook subscription service. Our mission is about building great technology that is easily accessible. Two examples: 1) we are the lowest-latency ebook streaming service around 2) we currently have the best rated ebook reading app in the app store.
We maintain a good work/life balance without late shifts and a strict free-weekends policy. We also like to hang out in one of the many bars around our office, go skiing/snowboarding in the alps or organize outdoor team events.
Our quiet and open floor plan office is located in the center of Munich (close to Gärtnerplatz). Munich is a great place to live, located in the center of Europe and surrounded by beautiful nature (it takes you less than an hour to the next skiing resort).
- Competitive salary
- Full health/dental insurance plan in Germany's high-class public health system
- 25 vacation days plus 12 Bavarian holidays (no other german state has more)
- Paid work-related training (i.e., conferences, workshops, etc.)
- Relocation assistance
- German-language class for international applicants