Teamlead / IT Support & Internal Infrastructure Engineer (m/f/d)
- Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
We are Seven Senders. Our product revolutionizes cross-border e-commerce in Europe. We enable online shops to ship to customers abroad 30% cheaper and twice as fast. In order to accomplish this task, we are managing the physical flow of goods and organize all required logistics processes. Technology is the key enabler of our business model, ranging from transport management systems, analytics for shipment processes to track and trace solutions for customer parcels.
Our product and engineering departments are organised into several cross-functional teams centered around our key business areas. This ranges from delivering transport management, contracting, virtual carrier network and partner interaction solutions among others to frontend heavy SaaS products for e-commerce merchants and advanced analytics.
In your role as IT Support & Internal Infrastructure lead, you will be responsible for building out and supporting all internal infrastructure and workplace IT for a 90+ and growing team in our offices in Berlin and Paris.
In addition to day to day support and administration work, you will implement projects to bring our efficiency to the next level.
In the near future, you will likely grow your team of students into permanent employees and hire additional ones as needed. You will collaborate closely with key business stakeholders and office management.
In your role, you will report directly to the CTO.
- Several years experience in IT Support, administration and Internal Infrastructure
- A hands-on, can-do attitude with focus on your (internal) customers
- A very reliable, trustworthy personality
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent English communication skills
- Project management experience
- Solid experience with managing Microsoft Office 365 (including management via PowerShell)
- A good background in VoIP telephony systems, office hardware (e.g. printers, conference systems), domain controllers, etc.
- Windows and (e.g. creating/managing images, management of MDM/ configuration management tools, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of network administration (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, 802.1x, etc.), managing network equipment (HPE, Aruba and Ubiquiti) and wireless networks
Optional, but appreciated
- Experience with IT procurement, inventory and budgeting (e.g. management of contracts with vendors and providers, hardware/software inventory, yearly budget forecasting of hardware/software/service needs, etc.)
- Experience with office build-outs/expansions, coordinating major moves, contacting vendors for electrical/wiring work in order to support growing business needs.
- Experience in administration and configuration of JIRA and Confluence
- Experience in administration of Google Apps
- Experience in a fast growing startup environment
- Experience leading other IT Support staff
- Experience with AWS
- Mac administration experience
- German communication skills
- Procure, install and maintain all workplace hardware (desktops, laptops, peripherals, printers, storage, etc.)
- Administrate common workplace IT tools
- On- and off-board users
- Conduct training sessions and consult users
- Provide Help desk IT support for all internal IT problems - solve problems fast
- Build out and run internal IT infrastructure (e.g. Active Directory domain controller, office networking, VoIP telephony, internet uplink, centralized device management, etc.)
- Budget and forecast of future hardware and software needs.
- Run internal projects with great impact and clear visibility
- Prepare software selection and tooling decisions
- Act as the primary owner in office expansion and build-outs needs that relates to IT (e.g. physical security needs, ordering services, coordinating with construction vendors, network planning, site surveys, etc.)
- Hire and lead other IT Support & Infrastructure Engineers
Why Seven Senders?
- You will shape the platform to deliver millions of parcels across europe
- A great product and a highly motivated and experienced team that wants to push boundaries
- Modern tech stack
- A rapidly growing, multi-national team with long-term prospects
- A lively startup atmosphere in the heart of Berlin (including kicker & rooftop terrace with BBQ)
- Personal development and conferences budget
- In-house language courses for English and German
- Relocation support
- Free choice of hardware and OS
- Flexible working hours
- Other perks like free drinks, sweets, fruits, weekly tapas