Department Manager - Large Energy Storage Solutions (m/f/d)
Siemens Gamesa is one of the biggest renewable energy companies and has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide.
Over the course of the last eight years, Siemens Gamesa worked on the development of an energy storage technology that is close to becoming a commercial product. Proof of our success will be the commissioning of our 130 MWh demonstrator at the Hamburg harbour within the 1st half of 2019.
Energy storage is the next “big thing” in the energy industry, and everybody from Tesla, Samsung, Siemens, GE is investing heavily in different storage technologies. Moreover, we are looking for the right leader to keep us in the pole position in this competition.
Our in-house startup has grown to more than 20 full-time team members, 20 students and multiple externals. The team is very diverse (40 % female, 15 nationalities, average age below 30) and we are very proud of this. Our company culture drives diversity in any of pro-actively.
What we are looking for
- An experienced leader that has experience in leading a fast growing team/startup
- A people person, not a technical expert! We have enough technical expertise in the team and are looking for someone with leadership skills.
- A leader that knows how to grow the team further. Not only at the Hamburg headquarter but also in India, Spain and China.
- Someone capable of presenting our technology on summits, fairs and in front of investors, partners and customers´ senior management
- Someone with passion, energy and drive. The team has all these attitudes, so we are looking for the samein the leader.
Your new role
- You will guide a groundbreaking and emerging GWh scale storage technology to market introduction and success
- You will lead and manage a fast growing, young, diverse team on the development and commercialization of an innovative power-to-heat-to-power storage technology
- You will be supporting the strategy and business development in the strategic integration of the storage technology into the company
- You will manage a large number of stakeholders in and outside the company such as C-level management, policy maker, public funding authorities and clients
- You will have a high exposure to top management, and it’s an excellent opportunity to grow further
What we offer you
- Meaningful activity with scope for action in an internationally growing company
- Attractive remuneration
- Flexible working hours as well as the option for home-office
- Positive working atmosphere characterized by team spirit as well as an open and cooperative working atmosphere
- Freedom to realize your ideas
- Personal and professional development
- Employer-funded pension
- Other offers for employees such as HVV-ProfiTicket, employee discounts and much more
Place of work: Hamburg, Germany
Please apply via our online portal.
We are an employer with equal opportunity and appreciate diversity in our company.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, skin colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.