Community Manager (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
SmartHectar is the first AgTech/WaterTech accelerator of its kind in Germany, which offers first-class growth opportunities for innovative startups as well as interesting development and investment options for corporate partners.
Our mission is to tackle global problems like water shortage and efficient food production for an expected world population of 9bn people by 2050.
What the program offers
- Office space for international startups to work in Berlin
- External innovation impulses for corporates from international startups in the field of AgTech/WaterTech
- Joint development of prototypes between corporates and startups in moderated focus sessions
- Investments in promising early stage startups
- Demo Days in Silicon Valley and Berlin, where startups present their innovations to VCs and network partners
The first batch will start in August 2018 and up until then, we are organizing the scouting process and curriculum.
The Community Manager is the primary point of contact for the management team, additional to corporations and startups engaged with their specific needs. Keeping things moving smoothly and helping to organize databases of contacts and making sure corporate partners are up to date with what’s happening in our program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize co-creation between corporate partners and startups; this will require reaching out to each corporate partner roughly six times per year.
- Assist the management team with the collection of feedback after each batch
- Reduce the amount of workload from management team by answering questions from corporate partners and startups
- Create meaningful and positive relationships with startups
- Arrange events to form a sense of community amongst the startup batches
- Prepare documents for major events
- Coordinate a monthly newsletter with your team to keep our entire network up to date
- Work with our management team to post relevant news and updates to social media
- Customize and prepare materials for different events
- Collaborate with mentors and plan group or individual sessions, organize catering and inform startups about mentor sessions
- Schedule monthly team meetups
- Update documents including Mailchimp, Dropbox and Google Drive
- Manage all calendar invites for events and tasks
- Update our customer relationship management tool
- Customer service and sales experience required
- Project management and business operations experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Organizational and multitasking skills
- Comfortable with Office products, Google Docs, CRM and other technology solutions for driving sales
- Active knowledge of social media and web editing tools like Wordpress, Mailchimp, Slack
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
- Bachelor degree or higher is a plus but not a must
Positive add ons
- You have a network within the startup community
- You have a network within the AgTech and WaterTech industry
- You have a network within investors
If you love to build something new from scratch with our team, please contact us.
We love a diverse and open team. Young an old, female and male, German or from anywhere, disabled or not - get your best impression into our mailbox.
We look forward to your application via email with salary expectations and earliest possible availability.