(Senior) Associate (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Speedinvest is a leading European venture capital fund for digital startups. With more than 200M Euro under management, Speedinvest works side-by-side with early-stage entrepreneurs to build great companies. Thanks to our hands-on model, our global partner network and our operations in Silicon Valley, we have managed to become one of the main focal points for the European startup community. Speedinvest has successfully invested in companies such as Shpock, Tourradar, Wefox, Bitmovin, Wikifolio, and others.
The focus of this position will be in the field of Industry 4.0. Above all Speedinvest Industry will concentrate on software companies with industrial applications and sees a tremendous growth potential in the following sectors:
- Industrial Internet of Things
- Factory of the Future
- Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality
- Big Data and Analytics
- IT and Data Security
- Artificial Intelligence for Industrial applications
- Blockchain for Industrial applications
- Digital products and services in industrial applications
Speedinvest plans to invest across the whole of Europe with a focus on Germany, Austria, and Switzerland as well as in Central & Eastern Europe.
As a Speedinvest Associate, you will act as an Investment Manager, who plays an active role in investment transactions from start to finish. You will be responsible for trend scouting, deal sourcing, due diligence for investment opportunities and financial modeling. Furthermore, you will support in terms of monitoring of the existing portfolio companies and provide operational support to them.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Source and screen companies relevant to our investment hypothesis
- Perform in-depth technical and commercial due diligence
- Calculate cap tables and perform company valuations
- Prepare summary materials and present investment recommendations in deal meetings
- Actively monitor portfolio companies and help with key strategic projects
- Represent Speedinvest at conferences and events
- Supervise junior analysts by training them on investment analysis
- Overall support for Partners including administrative duties such as reporting, meeting preparations, and other tasks
- For this position, we are looking for individuals with in-depth knowledge of industry 4.0 topics and their implications either from first-hand experience at a factory, from consulting or from an investment angle
- Ideally, you bring investment experience in the above segment either with a relevant fund or incubation program to the table. Startup experience is also highly welcome
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in informatics, physics, automation engineering and electrical or mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment or (in-house) consulting within an industrial company or consulting company focusing on manufacturing
- Good numerical skills and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of industrial SME’s, industrial production processes and value chains
- An ability to build and maintain a professional network in the European industry ecosystem
- Excellent German and English communication skills, both written and verbal
- The desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization. You possess a “can-do” attitude and take the initiative
- Dedicated work ethic and commitment to a goal-oriented environment
What we offer to you
- A competitive salary and further monetary benefits
- Work in the inspiring environment directly with senior partners and receive ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Opportunities to work in Vienna, Munich, San Francisco or Berlin
Full-time position (40h/week) based in Vienna or Munich.
Please send your resume and application via e-mail and we’ll be in touch with you! Links to other websites and resources where we might learn more about you (Linkedin, Twitter, Medium, etc.) are greatly appreciated.