Senior Social Media Manager (m/f) - Maternity Cover / Academic Publisher
- Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Springer Nature is hiring a Senior Social Media Manager to join its international Communications team reporting into the EVP Communications. Based in our Berlin office, this role will be part of the corporate hub in the Communications team and responsible
for delivering the social media strategy for Springer Nature in support of the company’s business objectives. The candidate will further establish the framework and infrastructure needed to become a social business in close collaboration with the various Research groups and help them develop their own social media strategy. Establishing a strong network in the business with key stakeholders and providing counsel is essential to driving Springer Nature’s digital strategy forward.
What you will be doing
- Serve as company-wide contact for social media-related questions incl. Holtzbrinck
- Oversee day-to-day operations and content strategy for corporate Springer Nature social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn (page and group), YouTube, Instagram) in collaboration with External Communications and drive Springer Nature-wide campaigns
- Chair and lead the Springer Nature Social Hub, a virtual, cross-departmental team of 25 colleagues developing the social media strategy for Springer Nature (corporate and publisher level) in support of the organization’s business objectives
- Foster communication, knowledge sharing and collaboration across the company
- Actively lead the following work-streams to ensure the roadmap is being met: Audience insight, Governance, Risk management & control, Advancing discovery
- Actively participate in all other working groups
- Organize and chair monthly calls and oversee project management
- Organize and host in-person Social Hub meetings (twice/year)
- Provide regular reporting
- Further foster the matrix organization by supporting the full roll-out of the social business concept and transferring the concept to the Springer Research Group (SRG), Nature Research Group (NRG), Open Research Group (ORG), Database Research Group (DRG) and Macmillan Education
- Help various departments develop their global social media strategies and plans, e.g. HR, Institutional Marketing, Research Marketing
- Provide issue monitoring and crisis management in close collaboration with External Communications and the various teams within SRG, NRG, ORG and DRG
- Take an active role within the Springer Nature global Communications team and act as an ambassador for communications and the corporate culture within Springer Nature
- Actively participate in the Springer Nature Marketing Advisory Group, Brand Working Group, Communications Leadership Team
- Plan and drive the roll-out of Spredfast across the Research and Macmillan Education business
- Expand the Springer Nature social media space on Hive, our social intranet, to keep colleagues informed about social media and share best practices, case studies etc.
- Support company-wide training in collaboration with HR, Internal Communications and the respective business contacts
- Regularly conduct a social media audit across the company and keep the website entries up to date
- Review the company-wide social media policy and related guidelines
- Support employer branding and innovation initiatives across Springer Nature
- Line management for the corporate social media team (Social Media Manager, Social Media Coordinator and Social Media Assistant)
- Manage the budget
- Bachelor’s degree in business studies, marketing, digital communications, media or communication science
- Min. 4 years experience in a managerial role (company or agency)
- Passion for social media and interest in working in the publishing industry (experience in STM publishing is a plus)
- Knowledge of the digital media landscape, social media channels and tools
- Communications experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Desire to keep up-to-date on the latest trends and new developments
- Experience in managing various stakeholders around the business
- Strong leadership skills which make you a great team player
- Innovative thinking
- Willingness to travel
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes
- Varied and interesting tasks
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies
- A good work life balance with fair working hours + a generous and flexible vacation package
- Discounted public transport
- Discounted book prices
- An excellent on-site cafeteria
Working Hours: Full-time
Company and Location: Springer Science + Business Media Deutschland GmbH, Berlin or London
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
We are looking forward to your online application!
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV and cover letter, including your salary expectations.
To find out more information about our organization please take a look at our websites.