Intern (m/f/d) - Automotive Gap Year / PreMaster Program
This is a job opportunity not like any other! And well, our PreMaster program does not really fit the format of a standard job advertisment. That is why we have created a website to describe this opportunity: https://premaster.pnptc.career
Still here? Okay, here is the “classic” job description:
You just got your bachelor’s degree, but you are unsure of what to do next? You want to do your master’s degree but also gather work experience before starting your career? You want to combine startup spirit with gaining insights into a major corporation? We feel you! Use the gap between your bachelors and masters to have it all: See the world, improve your language skills, take the time to explore the best masters programs, get hands-on insights by gaining relevant work experience and grow your network. If that sounds like you, you’re in the right place - join the STARTUP AUTOBAHN team at Plug and Play and our Partner Daimler and be part of something unique.
By engaging in a 12-month-long internship, participants gain extensive insight into the biggest and fastest growing automotive focused innovation platform in Europe: STARTUP AUTOBAHN. After spending time at our partner Plug and Play at several of our international sites, our colleagues at Daimler await you.Our goal is to combine the best of both worlds: Learn how to find outstanding startups, help to integrate innovative technologies into processes and products and bring the startup spirit into one of the leadings OEMs in order to create better solutions and shape the future of mobility.
What We Offer
Your chance to get a 10-18 month deep dive into the biggest and fastest growing automotive focused innovation platform in Europe - in cooperation with Daimler!
- Program Structure: Start and finish in Stuttgart, go to Silicon Valley and another location of your choice in between!
- Be part of Plug & Play - the biggest and fastest growing startup innovation platform globally with locations worldwide such as Silicon Valley, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, Berlin, Singapore and Tokyo.
- Be at the forefront of innovation and get insights into groundbreaking technologies
- Get access to and communicate with leading international startups, investors and corporations
- After your masters degree we will have various opportunities for your career development at our 22+ locations worldwide - we will keep growing in 2019
- And much more!
Duties and Responsibilities
Taking into account that each individual has different skills and interests, we created two different programs which are united in the underlying idea and structure but separate each other regarding the business sector they focus on. Now it is your turn, what are you going to choose?
Innovation Management & Technology:
- Find interesting startups from all around the world and build relationships with them
- Provide solid consult to portfolio companies and schedule deal review sessions
- Develop and drive new initiatives together with our corporate partners
- Change perspective by joining our corporate partner Daimler
Corporate Innovation Management
- Manage and strengthen the relationship with our corporate partners like Porsche, BASF, Deutsche Post DHL Group, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Daimler, …
- Identify potential new strategic partners to join our platform
- Build and design our new service offering in our corporate facing documents
- Prepare reports for our headquarter in Silicon Valley
- You just received your bachelors degree in Economics, Business, Engineering, Informatics or similar and would like to start a masters program within the next 18 months
- Exceptionally strong analytical, research, and writing skills and an innate curiosity
- Ability to work with all levels of management is crucial
- Excellent German and English skills
- Highly motivated work style, strong people skills and positive mindset
- Good organizational, collaborations, and communication skills
- Analytical, structured, and independent approach to work
- Strong interest in all kinds of technologies
- Ideally experience at a management consulting firm and/or corporate environment
Interested? Check out our PreMaster website to get all the information you need: https://premaster.pnptc.career
Plug and Play Tech Center: Over the past 12 years, we have built the worldwide largest innovation platform, bringing together startups, corporations and investors. Our core objective is to boost technological advancement and innovation. We are now active in 22+ locations globally, including U.S., China, Germany, Singapore, and Mexico. With over 6,000 startups and 126 corporate partners, it is the ultimate startup ecosystem in many industries. Since inception, we have raised over $6 billion in venture funding and made over 160 investments globally every year. Some of our success stories incl.: Dropbox, PayPal, N26 and SoundHound.