International Growth Manager (m/f/d)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Our small Berlin-based team does work that matters more than ever: Steady empowers independent media makers. Steady’s membership solution allows 250+ independent publishers (online magazines, bloggers, podcasters) to earn a regular income from their audiences. Millions of people read, watch and listen to Steady-powered publications every month. What's not to like! But that also means more work. To grow, we need you!
To grow and expand our reach to countries inside and outside of Germany, we need your support:
- Define overarching strategies and own the operational management of customer acquisition and publisher relationship management at Steady
- Lead a team of PublisherRelationship Managers
- Recruit and coordinate an international network of freelancers supporting our growth throughout selected European countries
- Identify and select suitable new team members
- Further optimize the way in which we convince and retain our clients and enable the sharing of best practices
- Plan and implement training to onboard and develop your team members and freelancer network
- Keep an eye on the numbers and adjust processes where necessary
- You have a strong interest in online media, be it digital magazines, blogs, podcasts, videos, newsletters ...
- You are used to juggling many tasks and priorities and have gained extensive project management experience (ideally in an international context)
- You have successfully led (and coached/inspired) a team (at least 1-2 employees) – and enjoyed it!
- You thrive in dealing with changing situations and adapting your communication to individual and cultural preferences
- You are not the cliché sales professional – closing deals motivates you but you also know that sometimes not calling a client can also be the right thing to do to convince her
- You have a solid knowledge of the most relevant concepts in sales and marketing and have already applied a few of them in a previous job
- You understand that sustainable relationships with all stakeholders are based on trust built by open and transparent communication
- You demonstrate grit: you are not giving up easily and are skilled at finding alternative paths to your goal if one does not work out (in few words: you are a creator, not a victim)
- You speak and write very good English and German. Additional European languages are a clear asset
- Ideally, you have already gained some professional experience at the intersection of publishing/media and business/sales
- You have a (more or less secret) passion for number crunching and deriving recommendations from data
What we offer
- Being part of a meaningful mission – help independent publishers earn regular income by connecting them to their audiences
- A team culture marked by a mix of start-up mindset and having fun tossing around more or less intellectual ideas
- Our office is at "Kulturbrauerei" in Prenzlauer Berg. Could be worse.
- We are publishers and media professionals ourselves, i.e. we feel with our customers – we are sincerely happy for them when things go well and we suffer with them when things don’t work out. In any case, it is not boring
- We share our space with our colleagues from Krautreporter, i.e. lunch with people who always work on interesting topics
Apply with your CV and the code IGM-71 directly via our online career page. If you have any problems or questions, you can also contact us by email.