Technology Expert (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Are you interested in major changes like the Internet of Things, Big Data, Sharing Economy and Decentralised Energy? We are.
RWE Group and its new subsidiary innogy stands for innovation and technology in the energy market of the future. innogy is the answer to the big trends that are changing the energy sector worldwide, and in Europe and Germany in particular: decarbonisation, decentralisation and digitalisation. These trends are reflected in its three key business areas of Grid & Infrastructure, Retail and Renewables.
The innogy Innovation Hub is leading this charge, disrupting RWE’s business model and shaping the future of the industry. We have set up outposts in Silicon Valley, Berlin, London and Tel Aviv, created Lighthouses to focus our efforts in specific areas of customer insight, and are now rapidly developing and testing new business models in small, dedicated teams.
These teams are the driving force of the innogy Innovation Hub. Using Lean and Agile methodologies and operating with a start-up mentality they are building the new business models, which will transform the energy market.
Be part of the exciting development of a broad range of new products in the area of Smart Home, new energy concepts and urban technology. Driven by a global team of inventive and committed specialists; enhanced by a capable and resourceful multinational enterprise. In this environment, you have the opportunity to work with the top of the class in digital innovation and a network of determined experts in every field, all supported by a global company that has put the promotion of start-ups and innovation as their top priority for the next decade.
Our Expert Cell needs a well-connected & experienced Technology Expert (m/f) with great understanding of a wide range of technology.
Purpose of the job
The Technology Expert consults with Venture Developers to help them launch or invest in new businesses. They apply lean-start-up, agile and DevOps methods to speed up the time to market, lower failure rate of new releases and shorten lead time between fixes. They aim to maximize the predictability, efficiency, security, and maintainability of operational processes. Additionally, they use their excellent technology understanding and broad knowledge of tools and services to address the specific needs of the Venture Developers.
Another major task is to set-up a network of internal and external interfaces and experts. Internally the Technology Expert will establish a productive working relationship with the IT teams and technical product teams at the operational side of Innogy as well as the outposts of the innovation hub. Externally they will set up a network of software companies/developers, service companies and experts in various needed areas who can be assigned to the different projects when needed and become a valued member in the global start-up community.
- Rapid assessment, conception and implementation of technology related demands of new ventures of the innovation hub
- Plan and oversee technological goals and co-develop tech strategy for each Venture
- Work within a team of other experts to develop and own a standardized set of tools and processes in IT which can be easily adopted to each project
- Define metrics and KPI’s for tech operations and development
- Expand, utilize and manage a network of service providers and flexible software developers, and engineers
ACCELERATION OF THE INNOVATION HUB WITHIN THE COMPANY
- Work with Expert Cell colleagues on increasing speed in innovation cycles while working from insights to ideas, to rapid prototyped pilots to scaling-up
The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of software development and IT operations and an excellent knowledge in scaling and planning the development of new technological products which has been developed in an agency background. You have a curious mind with an inherent fascination for the latest innovations in IT, especially in the field of Smart Home and Big Data. You have several years of experience in leading an agile organization and bringing together multiple partners and stakeholders to complete a project. It is easy for you to identify the critical success factors of a ventures and to guide the venture through tough phases. You think differently and creatively but are also a strong operator who keeps the budget in mind. You scientifically optimize for superior results, distil product needs into a prioritized list of initiatives and ultimately deliver a track record of strong execution across multiple levers.
- University degree in Business Administration and/or Computer Science or equivalent experience in the respective field
- Several years of experience in a generalist management position in IT, and ideally some years’ experience in start-up and agency environments
- Capability to design high performance, scalable technological solutions for new products, e.g. websites, digital services or smart home systems
- Superior project management skills and excellent knowledge in agile software development, lean management and DevOps
- Profound knowledge in the latest developments and tools in Data Science and Business Intelligence
- Capability to assess the competency and fit of technological service providers and freelancers for each project
- High resilience and assertiveness, as well as very good analytical skills
- Open way of communicating and strong ability to motivate and encourage people
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to motivate the venture teams
- Experience in working in a global environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English with people at a variety of levels, ability to understand and convince people with a more corporate way of thinking. Fluency in German is also preferred.