Director (m/f/d) - Innovation
- Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
DO it: Director, Innovation
As Director of Innovation you will develop the strategy, grow the team, deliver successful innovation programs and cement the DO School’s position in the field of innovation.
Let’s DO it together.
Founded in 2013 by Florian Hoffmann and Katherin Kirschenmann, the DO School is an award winning social business and the cornerstone of a global movement of purposeful doing. The DO School brings together leading organisations, world-renowned experts and talented impact entrepreneurs to clarify new ideas, and bring them to life quickly as new products, processes and services, inspiring seismic cultural shifts that transform people, businesses and society, and create not just better business but a better world – for everyone. The DO School is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Hamburg, New York and Hong Kong and has facilitated engagements in 30 countries for over 50,000 participants to date.
Summary of the role
The Director of Innovation is responsible for the management and growth of one of our four key strategic areas of business (Co-Creative Innovation, Individual Development, Transformation and Impact Entrepreneurship). The Director of Innovation will be responsible for the quality and delivery of our innovation programs and for the development of the product portfolio, existing and potential partnerships and the innovation team. This position works closely with the management, other area directors, talent & staffing as well as with external business partners.
- Design and facilitate innovation sprints with groups of up to 20 diverse participants
- Advise business partners on innovation strategy and innovation project funnel
- Manage ongoing partner relationships and support sales efforts, e.g. through proposals and pitches
- Support the development of new products and programs within the area of innovation
- Build, capture and share knowledge and content generated in the area of innovation and build innovation-related thought leadership
- Manage product development (ideally)
You are an entrepreneurial spirit, who thrives when building new structures, teams and products. You enjoy the build-up phase as much as setting up teams and structures for success and further scaling. You are a strategic thinker and at the same time an empathetic coach and team leader. You enjoy interacting with all kinds of stakeholders, from C-level business partners to social entrepreneurs, and feel comfortable in intercultural environments. Specifically,
- You have min. 7 years of experience in the field of innovation, of which at least 5 years working within a large organisation (as a team member or consultant)
- You have managed innovation processes in / for large organisations, eg. incubators or accelerators and have provided internal or strategic consulting in innovation
- You are well-versed in sprint or design thinking program design and facilitation
- You have experience prototyping and testing (digital) products and have supervised product development
- You have built and led an area, project or enterprise and have experience building and managing a team
- Fluent English (written and spoken, preferably native).
- Fluent Germany (written and spoken, ideally C1).
- Note that the DO School is an international community, with English as its common language.
What’s in it for you
- The opportunity to make a difference in a small but global organization and contribute to our ambitious growth and impact goals.
- The opportunity to grow the DO School’s innovation portfolio, area and team
- The collaboration with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as the chance to engage with a global community of purposeful DOers - entrepreneurs, experts and intrapreneurs - from over 90 countries.
- An environment in which the alignment of passion and purpose is encouraged and the hunger and ability for getting things done celebrated.
- A competitive salary with benefits, team building activities and professional development initiatives
We look forward to your application! Our application process is always online, so please submit your application through our application portal.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We aim to fill this position as soon as possible and will be interviewing on an ongoing basis.
If you have any questions about the application process or the job description, please send an email.
Please note that we only accept applicants who have the right to work in Germany.
Equal opportunity employer: The DO School provides equal employment opportunities to all people, without discrimination based on country of origin, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, marital status, disability or sexual orientation.