General Manager (m/f) - JUMP
- Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride in a car or on a bike, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Founded in 2010, JUMP pioneered dockless bike share and has deployed more than 14,000 bikes in 6 countries. This year JUMP is launching the next generation of bike share in San Francisco, Washington DC, other top tier US markets and across Europe. Our goal is to transform cities, making them more sustainable, equitable, and livable through electric mobility.
To make this vision a reality, we need to grow our team.
About the Role
As the General Manager of Berlin, you will have the opportunity to shape and lead one of JUMP’s landmark projects. You will play a vital role in all aspects of the launch success, from diverse and intelligent hiring, to engaging and on-brand community outreach, navigating regulatory relationships, driving customer acquisition, motivating the operational team, and creative problem solving.
The role is centered on continual improvement and high quality. It requires a highly versatile and well rounded leader, someone who can create and drive strategy but also be hands on and engineer solutions as you go. It’s the intersection of leadership, analytics, creativeness, and problem solving that makes this opportunity an exciting and challenging job.
What You’ll Do
- Define and implement JUMP’s operational, marketing, and policy strategy in your city
- Recruit, build, and lead a team of Ops & Marketing teams. You will be responsible for defining hiring needs in your city and bringing on top talent to help execute on the day-to-day, while also setting the future strategy.
- Leading by example and establishing a fun, inclusive, and safe work environment.
- Oversee budgeting, P&L performance, and financial optimization to reach profitability targets
- Growth of the business. Execution is key. You will be responsible for growing trips, ridership, and revenue in a highly competitive space.
- Manage all aspects of operational activities, such as process creation, expansion plans, deployment of bicycles and charging stations - all with the goal of creating a highly efficient operations.
- Initiate key marketing activities, communications, social media, partnerships, and events
- Represent JUMP at in the community local events, in local media, and in communication with external stakeholders
- Contribute and share best practices with JUMP HQ
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 7 years proven success in a similar role - leading operations/logistics, leading diverse teams, developing procedures, optimizing systems, and achieving benchmark operational goals
- Analytical Thinking - data-driven mentality and strong business judgment you should be able to roll up your sleeves and analyze the data and pull key insights for your team.
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to build and manage strong relationships with your team, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners
- Entrepreneurship mentality - you must be a self-starter and leader that assumes the risks and rewards of running an innovative sustainable operation.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills - able to communicate and listen effectively; great written, verbal and presentation skills
- Leadership by example - motivate, inspire and create an inclusive and positive work environment for all.
- A passion for bikeshare and growing and leading a team - passionate about the overall goals of bike share and sustainable transportation
- Fluency in German and English
At Uber we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.