Head of Marketing (m/f)
- Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
Head of Marketing - Germany
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Head of Marketing role is a unique opportunity in Germany, one of Uber's most important opportunities globally.
As an essential member of the German leadership team, you will own Uber's marketing strategy to fuel riders, connect audiences with the magic of the Uber platform, and ensure that the Uber brand is understood, trusted and loved. The right person will be comfortable taking initiative, loves solving problems and will thrive in a fast-paced and growing environment where cross-functional collaboration is paramount.
What You'll Do
- Define and execute the marketing strategy for Uber in Germany
- Design, implement and track end-to-end acquisition, engagement, retention and brand marketing initiatives
- Champion user needs to appropriately position the Uber proposition in your markets based on rigorous insights
- Launch innovative fully integrated marketing initiatives across Digital, Social, Offline, BTL and Comms
- Be the General Manager's trusted advisor on all facets of Uber's marketing strategy and plan/execute seamlessly in sync with Product, Operations, PR and Policy teams at the local and regional level
- Build and grow a world-class marketing team.
What You'll Need
- At least 8 years of experience defining and implementing successful marketing strategies in fast-paced consumer environments
- Strong experience in brand marketing and marketing innovation
- Demonstrated experience in growth marketing across acquisitions, same-store growth and field marketing
- Strong understanding of the German consumer and media landscapes.
- Excellent analytical, communication and persuasion skills at leadership level
- Fluency in German is required for this role
- The right attitude: drive, flexibility, energy and ability to work in a matrix organisation in a fast-paced and fun environment.
At Uber we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.