Senior Operations Manager (m/f) - JUMP
- Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride in a car or on a bike, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Founded in 2010, JUMP pioneered dockless bike share and has deployed more than 14,000 bikes in 6 countries. This year JUMP is launching the next generation of bike share in San Francisco, Washington DC, other top tier US markets and across Europe. Our goal is to transform cities, making them more sustainable, equitable, and livable through electric mobility.
To make this vision a reality, we need to grow our team.
About the Role
Operations are the heart of every JUMP launch - ensuring bikes are maintained and charged - exactly when and where our customers need them. As the Senior Operations Manager, you will create the operational strategies, establish the processes, and drive the innovation that will determine the continued success of not only JUMP in Berlin, but will lay the blueprint for future JUMP systems everywhere.
The ideal candidate for this role should have strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and be ready to lead by example.
What You’ll Do
- Build and lead a team - you will be defining hiring needs and leading the hiring process for new operations members.At the same time, you’ll be managing a larger team of bicycle mechanics and fleet operators, and potentially analysts as the city and team grows.
- Create a fun, inclusive, and safe work culture - you will help create a hard-working, challenging, and fun workplace. Above all else, you will be responsible to ensure the safety of your team and our riders.
- Grow the business - you will be constantly seeking solutions that scale, while overseeing the growth of our business. Your processes and projects will directly contribute to the city’s growth.
- Analyze Data - you will ensure you are creating, collecting, and incorporating as much data about operations as possible to constantly monitor performance and find opportunities to improve. You, with help from colleagues, will build the analytical frameworks and operational models to enable constant improvement.
- Problem Solve - all day everyday. You will operate a technology platform and capital assets in dynamic urban environments. All kinds of obstacles, barriers, problems, and snags happen on a daily basis and you must be ready to solve them as fast as they happen. You see upcoming systemic problems from far away, and nip them in the bud.
- Create & Optimize Process - we are a new company launching a new product in new environments - we not only need to create and constantly optimize our own processes for this operation, but for the many JUMP systems that are to follow in the near future.
- Collaborate - operations will need to collaborate with data scientists, communications and marketing, bicycle engineers, supply chain professionals, HR, and other teams.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 5 years of business consulting, investment banking, marketing, or operations management experience.
- Experience with data-based decision-making - exercising good judgement in ambiguous circumstances, and effectively communicating across a diverse team.
- Strong Excel skills a must, other database experience helpful. Comfortable learning and using new software tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, lead a team, manage employees, and create a hard-working but fun workplace
- Proven to be self-motivated, self-directed, and eager to take ownership of tasks to ensure solution
- Excellent organization and time management systems for yourself and your employees
- Clear Communicator - you are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly and highlight the key insights.
- Knowledge or passion for any of the following a plus: the Berlin area, SQL, bikeshare, bike mechanics, mobility, and data/programming/IT.
- Fluency in German and English
At Uber we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.