Financial Controller (m/f/d)
Doing sports together with friends or colleagues at any time and having the freedom to choose what you want to do right now - this was the original idea behind the Urban Sports Club. Choose from over 50 types of sports and more than 5.000 partner venues all over Europe with only 1 membership - what, when and how often you like. While staying flexible and without any long-term contracts.
Joining Urbans Sports Clubs' fast growing Finance-Team as a Financial Controller (f/m/d) is an excellent opportunity to have a real impact on the company’s ongoing rapid growth across Europe. We’re looking for passionate people who have proven professional experience in the area of Financial Controlling with a high level of motivation to push forward significant improvements connected with a strong willingness to learn.
Your analytical skills and exceptional numerical proficiency will aid our organization in maintaining our financial growth, implementing proper internal controls, achieving organizational targets, and developing financial plans that support organizational strategy.
The role is based at our headquarters in Berlin.
- As part of the Controlling and Finance-Team you will proactively prepare and publish monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements according to HGB
- You will improve group wide working capital management and run/implement local projects
- You are responsible for the cost planning and control of individual cost centers
- You contribute to an efficient steering of the group-wide reporting and forecasting process where different levels of stakeholders are involved (investors, HQ, subsidiaries across Europe).
- You will provide financial support and share your knowledge through training to coworkers
- University degree in business or economics, with a specialization in Finance, Accounting, Controlling or a related field
- You have extensive relevant work experience
- High affinity to numbers, very good understanding of contexts including preparation and pronounced analytical skills
- Experience with ERP systems
- Good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
- Good communication skills in German
- Excellent communication skills in English for a range of audiences from Senior Managers to MDs and company co-founders. Knowledge of French and Spanish is a plus
What you can expect from us
- An international team comprised of passionate, highly motivated and dynamic individuals who enjoy what they do
- Flat hierarchies that offer a lot of self-responsibility, as well as opportunities for you to evolve and shape the company
- A lively, startup-typical working atmosphere in Madrid and Berlin
- Real team play with a lot of fun together during work and regular team events
- A free Urban Sports Club L-Membership