Team Lead Retail Marketing & Event Manager Europe (m/f/d)
- Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
VIU is a young and innovative eyewear label from Switzerland. We have set out to revolutionize the market for designer eyewear with our direct-to-consumer business model. Cutting out middle men we are able to combine highest quality with fair prices. VIU glasses are designed in Zurich and handmade in Italy and Japan. We offer a unique customer experience in more than 50 flagship stores across Switzerland, Germany, Austria, UK & Scandinavia as well as our online store. Our main office locations are Zurich and Munich.
The Retail Marketing & Events Manager is crucial in helping to grow and succeed VIU’s retail stores. The role will manage and develop Community Managers across all markets and work in close collaboration with Retail, Marketing, PR and Content teams to strategize and execute creative, commercially viable and scalable retail initiatives that are tailored for stores, regions and markets with the aim of driving more visitors to the stores and inspire customers to purchase.
The role requires proven leadership skills along with experience of working in a fast-paced team environment. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate strong business judgement and decision-making skills and be able to identify, prioritise and articulate highest impact initiatives. Do you want to bring in your ideas and entrepreneurial drive to help shape the success story of a young and growing company? Then we would love to hear from you!
Start: January 2020
You are the driver for customer engagement and global retail at VIU, on a local store level as well as for VIU overall. In this position you will work with your team to combine commercial acumen, strategic planning, hands-on initiative to attract new customers and help to build up our retail business.
- Define, plan and execute the global retail growth and event marketing plan aligned with the global brand & communication strategy
- Implement scalable global and local marketing initiatives as defined in VIU’s Marketing Playbook, to best support VIU’s online & retail business growth
- Report to Head of PR & Communication Europe, also work close in cooperation with the retail division
- Lead responsibility for a team (Event & Community Manager) working remotely in all VIU markets such as Germany, UK, Scandinavia & Switzerland
- Schedule and oversee all event marketing initiatives (on- & offline) and define and implement measures to generate new leads and secure on-going drive to stores & sales with creative 360* initiatives
- Coordinate all marketing and retail needs in the context of shop openings to promote VIU at new locations and make them a success story
- Maintain and establish strong partnerships for VIU, focussing on corporate partnerships together with the international team
- Establish tools with the premise to scale VIU’s Marketing Playbook for a global expansion - monitor, evaluate and report the success and effectiveness of all initiatives
- Articulate clear KPIs and tracking mechanisms to measure success of initiatives on an ongoings basis' or similar
- 5+ year professional work experience in the area of event-/ trade-/ retail-marketing within the fashion & lifestyle industry (preferably international premium brand in fashion/lifestyle segment)
- Academic degree in relevant subject matter (marketing, business administration)
- Understanding of the VIU brand as well as in the area of retail and sales
- Exceptional relationship builder: National & international relevant and up-to-date network of relevant contacts within the fashion/ lifestyle industry
- Excellent organization, communication and project management skills
- Strong organizational and team management skills
- Hands on mentality and efficient team player
- Fluent proficiency in spoken and written German and English language
- Travelling will be involved in this role
What to expect from VIU
- Open and dynamic culture with flat hierarchies and zero red tape
- Exciting development opportunities in a rapidly growing international start-up
- Flexible work environment – we focus on impact not facetime
- We make sure to create a joyful environment, celebrate success, and support each other in times of need
- 5 weeks of vacation with options of unpaid vacation/sabbaticals
Join the designer eyewear revolution and send in your application!