Data Warehouse Engineer (m/f/d)
We want to hire a Data Warehouse Engineer (m/f/d) who is passionate about the future of mobility.
MOIA is an innovative mobility company that will change people’s lives by re-imagining urban mobility. MOIA will create services that enable more people to move more freely and securely, ultimately making cities better places to live. We will free up the movement of people and goods within cities whilst making mobility accessible to everyone. That means we will:
- Make city traffic clean, safe and silent
- Create more time and space for people
- Bring affordable and convenient mobility to everybody
We would be delighted if you were to accompany us on this exciting and challenging journey. We are not only looking for candidates to fill our job vacancies; we want you as a crucial part of our team. Our core competence is passion.
We are a data driven company and our data Insights team is responsible for turning data into knowledge which is used to build our products and services. The Insights team has six team members and includes Data Engineering, Analytics and Science. Besides that, there is a democratic decision on the music that is played in the Insights team space.
What you will do
- Maintain and extend our data warehouse, which is based on Data Vault 2.0
- Define the Tech Roadmap for the data warehouse and future cloud based data lake
- Improve our internal processes (e.g. optimization of monitoring of our data processing)
- Translate stakeholder requirements into valuable data by using our modelling approach
- Process data for research projects
What we expect
- You are able to manage, maintain and optimize an Amazon Redshift cluster (experience with other similar technologies may be applicable)
- You enrich our Data Vault 2.0 methodology-based DWH to enable the business for self-service reporting and quick decision making
- You are proficient in SQL and how to test and debug queries
- We use Python 3, you should too, knowledge of AWS/Serverless would be an asset, to understand our data pipelines.
- You can differentiate and are aware of the trade-offs between ETL and ELT
- You love data & you like to communicate and share your knowledge
What we offer you
We are a new company and a fast-growing team. We see things from a people perspective, observing, learning and responding to their social needs. We are always curious to find better ways to do things and so we question everything. We are driven by the possibilities better urban mobility solutions can unlock. We work with different people, disciplines and companies to make great things happen. MOIA offers a unique opportunity as it combines the best of the startup and corporate worlds. We are an innovative new business based in top locations such as Berlin and Hamburg, but are also backed by a large corporate parent providing funding, resources, know-how and commitment.
What we offer in detail:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive bonus
- Mobility budget
- Job Ticket (public transport)
- Subsidisation of a fitness club membership
- 30 days of holiday
Our work is dedicated to transforming the lives of billions – you will be part of this vision.