Web Developer CSS/HTML (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Web Developer CSS/HTML
In 2012 we grew our engineering team from 70+ Engineers to over 180+. As the team expanded, we segmented out key portions of our architecture to be owned and managed by multiple engineering platforms. We are currently expanding our HTML/CSS Development team, looking for a talented Web Developer with 2-5 years of professional experience to bring hand-coded HTML/CSS expertise for Wayfair and Joss & Main Europe. This team's work is seen by over 11 million visitors per month!
- Build clean, elegant HTML/CSS code in support of our 3 E-commerce sites, internal applications and supplier extranet.
- This is a hands-on scripting role. You will be working alongside Graphic Designers to translate their designs into HTML/CSS script.
- Coming from a "creative / design" background is a big plus since it brings an eye toward design and customer experience. This team has extensive interaction with our outstanding Design team.
- A "technical mind" and a desire to understand and employ engineering and optimization best practices.
- Responsible for new code development, existing code optimization, browser performance and page rendering.
- Interact with business Product Managers and Designers to build requirements.
- Complete project tasks / tickets in a timely fashion in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
An ideal candidate has
- BA/BS degree from a 4-year college or university.
- Several years of professional experience with a strong portfolio
- Experience with any Object Oriented language (ideally PHP) will be a huge plus.
- Experience working on large, complex, enterprise level sites.
- Highly skilled with CSS and HTML, with focus on code reusability, performance and faithfulness to design
- Detail-oriented and quality-minded with a strong aesthetic sense
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.