Head of Business Development (m/f) - Buying
- Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 30 million members in 14 countries on three continents. In less than 6 years on the market, we have grown to more than 250 million Euros in annual sales, and the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you?
To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for a Head of Business Development (m/f) - Buying. In this position, you are responsible to lead the Business Development of Westwing Private Label, the Group’s main product development and buying organisation, to drive growth and profitability across all categories and countries.
Your responsibilities will be
- Defining the overall strategy, sketching and executing key buying projects with partners in Asia and Europe
- Maintaining governance on our 3 category buying teams, especially by overseeing the portfolio management process for all development & buying projects
- Leading a small team of Business Development managers and on an ad-hoc basis more team members who could be required to drive your projects
- Shaping the future of the main Westwing buying organisation and the category teams within
- Analyzing performance of our categories and suppliers, deriving actionable insights, and developing strategic growth or profitability programs
You come with
- 4-8 years of experience in a high profile buying or business development (top tier consulting) role
- Leadership experience, especially managing agile, high-performance teams
- A lot of drive, high ambition, flexibility, and a strong bias for action at fast pace
- Excellent analytical skills with an outgoing and very engaging personality
- Hands-on project management experience and a strong drive to results
- Unstoppable energy, strong leadership attitude, high level of independence
- Fluency in English – further languages welcome
- A truly shaping leadership position with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- An attractive compensation package
- Plenty of room for personal growth, professional development and high impact
- A highly talented, dynamic, and international team
- Entrepreneurial experience in a well-financed, high-growth eCommerce company
Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.