Working Student - Internal IT Support Engineer (m/w)
We are looking for a Working Student to work in our Internal IT department, starting immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing fast while shaping the future of learning.
Our engineering & product departments consists of combined about 50 engineers, product owners, designers that work closely together in cross-functional, agile teams to develop the next generation of language learning on all platforms. Overall we are more than 250 people including freelancers working in offices in Berlin and New York.
In your role as the working student for Internal IT, you will work directly with the internal IT Lead to help build up and run our growing internal infrastructure.
Your responsibilities will include
- The deployment of new hardware and software for staff
- Assisting in the ongoing maintenance of user Macs, PCs and Linux machines
- Responding to user requests in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- depending on your capabilities and interest: assisting in server and network administration, writing scripts, systems migrations etc.
This position is available for working students (max 20h/week).
Depending on your performance and aspirations, this can be a possible door opener to an entry-level position in our company.
- student in computer science/engineering or adjunct field
- excellent english skills - both in writing as well as speaking (german optional)
- analytical mindset and ability to communicate complex matters in a structured way
- proactive and self-reliant - you work independently to achieve goals and only ask for help if needed
- reliable and committed to delivery high-quality work
- strong interest in the fast-paced internet and start-up industry, particularly mobile
- strong interest in IT systems engineering & administration, OSX or *UX
We are looking for passionate, self-driven individuals who want to make a difference. Thus we are interested in information/links to any work or projects you have done outside your day job both technical and non-technical.
- Vast learning experience with deep exposure to IT infrastructure in a startup-environment
- The potential to help change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Participate in hack days, technology brown-bags
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits