Director Business Development (m/f/d)
- Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
What we are building
Times and people change, but humans will always need a place to live in. Why then is finding and operating our homes still one of the arguably worst possible experiences?
Hundreds of applicants for the same apartment, weird & intransparent calculation of utilities, let alone the hassle to find someone qualified to fix something reliably and in time when it gets broken? Yeah, we’ve all been there.
That is why we started Zenhomes
“Zen” – adj. – Complete and absolute peace. [Urban Dictionary]
“Home(s)” – noun (pl.) – a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence a person, family or household. [Thesaurus]
It is our vision to give everyone absolute peace around their home. We believe the best way to make this happen is by creating the first digital ecosystem around housing. A platform where all stakeholders interact digitally and seamlessly, from tenants to landlords, from banks to estate agents, handymen and property managers alike.
Having obliterated the archaic methods of traditional, manual- and paper-based property management through our platform “Vermietet.de”, we now enable tens-of thousands of people to better manage their homes all across Germany. But this is just the start.
It has always been up to the innovators, the tinkerers, the pioneers, and bold implementers to take a leap of faith, even when others are still doubtful. To take matters in their own hands and courageously make a step forward, despite the odds, to make the world a better place.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Director Business Development (m/f/d) to work with our founding team to enable the strategic advancement of the company. You are an ambitious, analytical and entrepreneurial thinker, excited by the idea to fundamentally change the way we interact with real estate our everyday lives.
- You are the confidante and advisor to the chief executive and drive strategic projects, acting as a sounding board for ideas.
- You are in charge of planning and directing all administrative, financial, and operational activities within the organization, including (but not limited to) monitoring of relevant KPIs, preparation of financial projections and staff planning in close collaboration with the founders.
- You initiate and monitor projects of high strategic importance, providing oversight and guidance to the founding team.
- You organize and prioritize critical issues and required information for the executives to facilitate efficient decision making.
- You act as a fully empowered representative of the founding team in selecting, negotiating with and managing our key partners and technical providers.
- You have graduated from a top university or business school and experience in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment such as strategy consulting, investment banking or top-tier technology company.
- You have exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills, a numbers-driven decision-maker that is able to communicate complex ideas in the most effective manner.
- You are extremely well organized, one hundred percent reliable, very proactive and constantly challenge yourself to always be one step ahead of everyone else.
- You achieved mastery in the use of Excel and Powerpoint.
- You are fluent in German and English.
More reasons to join
Every single day, you strive to be the best in what you do. Your ambition and dedication is what defines you and you are looking for an environment that supports and nurtures these traits. Welcome to Zenhomes - you will feel right at home with us. Furthermore, working with us comes with some other nice perks, too:
- Competitive Salary and Equity Participation. We are in on this mission together – and will win it as a team. That’s why next to competitive pay, everyone is offered a piece of the company.
- Healthy Food & Beverage. Kitchen stocked with healthy food, snacks, drinks and as much Mate and beer as you want? Check.
- Triple-A Equipment. Your best performance requires the best tools. So you tell us what you need and we get it, no questions asked. Yes, even weird mousepads.
- A Workplace You’ll Love. A cozy & light-filled office in the heart of Berlin Prenzlauerberg – a place with history; Zalando & Rocket Internet were started in the very same office.
- Visa Assistance. We can’t imagine why you aren’t already in Berlin, but if you need to move, we’ll help you organize your visa and get all the papers sorted! We also find the first place to stay for you and we will accompany your journey to Berlin.
Fancy a challenge?
Then apply directly with your CV specifying your availabilities. We are looking forward to receiving your application and will get in touch with you quickly.