Director / VP People & Culture (m/f/d)
- Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
What we are building
Times and people change, but humans will always need a place to live in. Why then is finding and operating our homes still one of the arguably worst possible experiences?
Hundreds of applicants for the same apartment, weird & intransparent calculation of utilities, let alone the hassle to find someone qualified to fix something reliably and in time when it gets broken? Yeah, we’ve all been there.
That is why we started Zenhomes
“Zen” – adj. – Complete and absolute peace. [Urban Dictionary]
“Home(s)” – noun (pl.) – a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence a person, family or household. [Thesaurus]
It is our vision to give everyone absolute peace around their home. We believe the best way to make this happen is by creating the first digital ecosystem around housing. A platform where all stakeholders interact digitally and seamlessly, from tenants to landlords, from banks to estate agents, handymen and property managers alike.
Having obliterated the archaic methods of traditional, manual- and paper-based property management through our platform “Vermietet.de”, we now enable tens-of thousands of people to better manage their homes all across Germany. But this is just the start.
It has always been up to the innovators, the tinkerers, the pioneers, and bold implementers to take a leap of faith, even when others are still doubtful. To take matters in their own hands and courageously make a step forward, despite the odds, to make the world a better place.
What about you?
Who we are looking for
One of our core beliefs at Zenhomes is that our people are our biggest asset. Our team and our culture is the most significant ingredient to our sustained success. In order to see this appropriately reflected, we are thus looking for a Director or a Vice President (VP) People & Culture (m/f/x) to be joining our executive team.
You will be developing and leading our P&C department, therefore being in charge of planning and directing all administrative, financial, and operational activities regarding the people and culture in our organization. If you are an ambitious, empathic, and analytical thinker with a natural fascination for the grandeur of well-facilitated inter-human collaboration, striving to build a culture around the ambition to fully unfold everyone's full potential - well, we would love hearing from you!
- You report directly to the CEO and join our executive team (consisting of CEO, CPO, CTO, VP Operations and VP Growth) to strategically steer the continued success of Zenhomes.
- You are responsible for establishing and developing our people & culture department and also act as the prime advocate of creating, shaping, and developing our company culture.
- You will be in charge of the developing and implement all recruitment, administration, and training processes within the organization, the development and monitoring of corresponding performance KPIs as well as quality assurance and the hiring and training of your own direct reports within the P&C department.
- You act as a peer to our founders & executive team in challenging, defining, and continuously advancing our company’s culture. This includes overseeing, implementing, and monitoring the culture’s progress.
- You act as a people-advocate and play the key role in our organizational development, including the design and implementation of inter-company career paths, the establishment of policies & procedures, the design of compensation schemes & benefits as well as the development of the process for new hire orientations and onboarding.
- Last but not least, you are in charge of all operational aspects regarding a unique company culture such as office management & procurement, the organization of company events, the establishment of employee feedback mechanisms and all training and coaching activities.
- You have at least 4+ years of experience in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment such as strategy consulting, investment banking, or a top-tier technology company or startup, preferably in an HR related role.
- You strive by enabling people to get the most out of themselves, thus already acting (or have ambitions) to become a mentor. Your high degree of empathy, active listening skills, and service-oriented mentality make you the ultimate team player and leader.
- You combine your empathy, extraversion, and natural way with people with a highly process-driven mindset, accepting nothing but perfection into day-to-day HR operations while constantly calibrating your actions and those of the organization to support our long-term strategic goals.
- You understand that in order to achieve the extraordinary one sometimes has to engage in the unconventional. Thus you don’t hesitate to challenge the status quo, try and fail fast, never settle for second place, and won’t stop until you have achieved creating the ultimate culture around the joy of succeeding.
- You are experienced in leading your own teams as well as being a “manager of managers” but similarly enjoy setting up processes on your own and don’t mind “getting your hands dirty”.
- A background in psychology & coaching, (labor) law, and/or business administration is advantageous but is not a requirement.
- You are fluent in both English and German (!)
More reasons to join
Every single day, you strive to be the best in what you do. Your ambition and dedication is what defines you and you are looking for an environment that supports and nurtures these traits. Welcome to Zenhomes - you will feel right at home with us. Furthermore, working with us comes with some other nice perks, too:
- Competitive Salary and Equity Participation. We are in on this mission together – and will win it as a team. That’s why next to competitive pay, everyone is offered a piece of the company.
- Healthy Food & Beverage. Kitchen stocked with healthy food, snacks, drinks and as much Mate and beer as you want? Check.
- Triple-A Equipment. Your best performance requires the best tools. So you tell us what you need and we get it, no questions asked. Yes, even weird mousepads.
- A Workplace You’ll Love. A cozy & light-filled office in the heart of Berlin Prenzlauerberg – a place with history; Zalando & Rocket Internet were started in the very same office.
- Visa Assistance. We can’t imagine why you aren’t already in Berlin, but if you need to move, we’ll help you organize your visa and get all the papers sorted! We also find the first place to stay for you and we will accompany your journey to Berlin.
Fancy a challenge?
Then apply directly here with your resume/CV and a short cover letter detailing your specific skills, motivations, and your availabilities. We are looking forward to receiving your application and will get in touch with you quickly!