Product Design Expert (UX/UI) (m/f/d)
- Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
What we build
Times and people change, but humans will always need a place to live in. Why then is finding and operating our homes still one of the arguably worst possible experiences?
Hundreds of applicants for the same apartment, weird & intransparent calculation of utilities, let alone the hassle to find someone qualified to fix something reliably and in time when it gets broken? Yeah, we’ve all been there.
That is why we started Zenhomes
“Zen” – adj. – Complete and absolute peace. [Urban Dictionary]
“Home(s)” – noun (pl.) – a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence a person, family or household. [Thesaurus]
It is our vision to give everyone absolute peace around their home. We believe the best way to make this happen is by creating the first digital ecosystem around housing. A platform where all stakeholders interact digitally and seamlessly, from tenants to landlords, from banks to estate agents, handymen and property managers alike.
Having obliterated the archaic methods of traditional, manual- and paper-based property management through our platform “Vermietet.de”, we now enable tens-of thousands of people to better manage their homes all across Germany. But this is just the start.
It has always been up to the innovators, the tinkerers, the pioneers, and bold implementers to take a leap of faith, even when others are still doubtful. To take matters in their own hands and courageously make a step forward, despite the odds, to make the world a better place.
Who are we looking for
Are you ready to go beyond the regular UX/UI tasks of designing individual user flows or interactions? Are you brave enough to break old cumbersome processes and give a fresh new start to the Property Management & Real Estate sector, to change user behavior and perception within an entire industry?
Then we assume you are
- Motivated: You are always up to solving problems and you have the get-things-done mindset to reach the goals.
- Emphatic: You have no trouble putting yourself in someone else's shoes to understand what is the main pain point and the best solutions to ensure a joy-of-use.
- Knowledgeable: Your initiatives and decisions are data driven and based on your vast experience in design matters - both paired with the will to mentor your colleagues.
- Always open to a challenge: You are willing to transform an ancient analog process into a digitally accessible innovative solution.
- Hands-on: You are a skilled expert and love to draft and execute new ideas based on user insights.
- Responsible: You will embrace the ownership for your work.
- Curious: New requirements and insights come every day - you think about it with pleasure and implement them creatively.
- Team player: You can easily communicate your thoughts as well as being a good listener. A good sense of humor is a must!
- Design experiences by finding the balance between customer needs and business requirements.
- Support your product squad and collaborate with other squads to ensure design intent throughout development.
- Have holistic view on experience while creating interaction solutions that are in line with user needs, business objectives and tech requirements.
- Drafting and executing new ideas based on user insights in cooperation with UX Researchers and Data Analysts.
- Communicate and present your work and strategic approach in front of the entire organisation.
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in product, UX, or UI design.
- You are enthusiastic and are able to take ownership of your work
- A strong background in digital Products and SaaS is a must
- Background and fintech, banking or market place or social media platforms is a huge plus
- You are fluent in English
More reasons to join
Every single day, you strive to be the best in what you do. Your ambition and dedication is what defines you and you are looking for an environment that supports and nurtures these traits. Welcome to Zenhomes - you will feel right at home with us. Furthermore, working with us comes with some other nice perks, too:
- Tremendous opportunity to make an impact on the organization as well as the real estate market as a whole and thereby: our everyday living.
- A highly motivated international team full of beans.
- No boundaries to your creativity (actually just one - common sense)
- We are a place where people are the main assets and treated and rewarded fairly.
- Strong design community with space for professional growth
Fancy a challenge?
Share your resume/CV, portfolio (as links to your portfolio or whatever can show us which products you already have enriched with your professional creativity), motivations, and your availabilities.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
If you want to know more about our hiring process, please read our hiring guide.