Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/d)
- Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
What we are building
Times and people change, but humans will always need a place to live in. Why then is finding and operating our homes still one of the arguably worst possible experiences? Hundreds of applicants for the same apartment, weird & intransparent calculation of utilities, let alone the hassle to find someone qualified to fix something reliably and in time when it gets broken? Yeah, we’ve all been there.
That is why we started Zenhomes
“Zen” – adj. – Complete and absolute peace. [Urban Dictionary]
“Home(s)” – noun (pl.) – a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence a person, family or household. [Thesaurus]
It is our vision to give everyone absolute peace around their home. We believe the best way to make this happen is by creating the first digital ecosystem around housing. A platform where all stakeholders interact digitally and seamlessly, from tenants to landlords, from banks to estate agents, handymen and property managers alike.
Having obliterated the archaic methods of traditional, manual- and paper-based property management through our platform “Vermietet.de”, we now enable tens-of-thousands of people to better manage their homes all across Germany. But this is just the start.
It has always been up to the innovators, the tinkerers, the pioneers, and bold implementers to take a leap of faith, even when others are still doubtful. To take matters in their own hands and courageously make a step forward, despite the odds, to make the world a better place. What about you?
Who are we looking for
We are looking for an engineer who will drive the development of the most complex features of our product. You love to design applications and to work with complex domains. You are a good analyst who makes decisions about architecture tradeoffs, and you are excited about our domain and mission. As an early hire, we expect you to help us to build a simple and efficient organization with a flat hierarchy and a productive environment. Check our tech radar on GitHub so that you know languages, frameworks, and techniques that we use.
- Build state-of-the-art architecture.
- Prototype and deliver the features of our product.
- Ensure reliable delivery of our roadmap.
- You already took part in the development of several business domain-heavy products.
- Distributed systems, domain-driven design, event sourcing, and other architecture concepts are known to you and you had an experience with some of them.
- You are a great java developer. More languages are a plus.
- You are an advocate of testing and could name yourself as a software engineer in a test.
- You speak fluently English
More reasons to join
Zenhomes.de offers a unique engineering opportunity, with a combination of components that can be rarely found:
- A meaningful product that has an impact on how people live.
- We are a place where people are treated and rewarded fairly.
- We care and love being diverse.
- The best technology standards managed technical debt, and a very creative engineering environment makes us a great place to work :)
How to apply
Apply directly here with your resume/CV detailing your specific skills, motivations, and your availabilities. We are looking forward to receiving your application and will get in touch with you quickly. If you want to know more about our hiring process, please read our hiring guide.