Senior UX Designer (m/f/d)
- Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
What we are building
Times and people change, but humans will always need a place to live in. Why then is finding and operating our homes still one of the arguably worst possible experiences?
Hundreds of applicants for the same apartment, weird & intransparent calculation of utilities, let alone the hassle to find someone qualified to fix something reliably and in time when it gets broken? Yeah, we’ve all been there.
That is why we started Zenhomes
“Zen” – adj. – Complete and absolute peace. [Urban Dictionary]
“Home(s)” – noun (pl.) – a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence a person, family or household. [Thesaurus]
It is our vision to give everyone absolute peace around their home. We believe the best way to make this happen is by creating the first digital ecosystem around housing. A platform where all stakeholders interact digitally and seamlessly, from tenants to landlords, from banks to estate agents, handymen and property managers alike.
Having obliterated the archaic methods of traditional, manual- and paper-based property management through our platform “Vermietet.de”, we now enable tens-of thousands of people to better manage their homes all across Germany. But this is just the start.
It has always been up to the innovators, the tinkerers, the pioneers, and bold implementers to take a leap of faith, even when others are still doubtful. To take matters in their own hands and courageously make a step forward, despite the odds, to make the world a better place.
Who we are looking for
To build a whole new team, we are looking for a Senior UX Designer (m/f/x) who will help us to shape our product into pixel-perfect and delightful solutions. Your role will be designing everything on the tenant side of the new ecosystem; something that never has been there before!
Are you able to tackle complex tasks and translate product requirements as well as customer insights into highly desirable intuitive products? Do you want to create a product that has an impact on the whole real estate market? Therefore these should be some of your characteristics:
- Hands-on: You are a skilled expert and love to draft and execute new ideas based on user insights using mood boards, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Someone who loves a challenge: You are faced with an ancient analog process but transform it into a digitally accessible innovative solution.
- Motivated: You are always up to solving problems and you have the get-things-done mindset to reach the goals.
- Responsible: You will approach ownership for your work
- Emphatic: You have no trouble putting yourself in else's shoes to come up with the best solutions to ensure a joy-of-use.
- Curious: New requirements and insights come every day - you think about it with pleasure and implement them creatively.
- Team player: You can easily communicate your thoughts as well as being a good listener. A good sense of humor is a must!
- Design concepts and new features by finding the balance between customer needs and business requirements.
- Support your product team and collaborate with other teams to ensure design intent throughout development.
- Produce wireframes, flows, information architecture, data visualization, storyboards, and scenarios and thereby depict interaction solutions that are in line with business and IT requirements.
- Drafting and executing new ideas based on user insights in cooperation with our UX Researcher.
- Design and prototype interfaces in areas such as mobile, web and desktop.
- Communicate and present your work and strategic approach in our weekly sprint-reviews
- You have at least 4 years of experience as a UX Designer.
- As you will be starting a brand new product with your interdisciplinary team by connecting landlords and tenants, you have energy and are able to take ownership of your work.
- A strong background in digital Products and Apps is a must, and as a plus: you already know the startup culture.
- Tools like Sketch and Invision are familiar to you (or any other equivalent prototyping tools - as we are always open for new technologies, methods, and tools)
- You are fluent in English
- Experience with Fintech or social networking apps is a plus
More reasons to join
Every single day, you strive to be the best in what you do. Your ambition and dedication is what defines you and you are looking for an environment that supports and nurtures these traits. Welcome to Zenhomes - you will feel right at home with us. Furthermore, working with us comes with some other nice perks, too:
- Competitive Salary and Equity Participation. We are in on this mission together – and will win it as a team. That’s why next to competitive pay, everyone is offered a piece of the company.
- Healthy Food & Beverage. Kitchen stocked with healthy food, snacks, drinks and as much Mate and beer as you want? Check.
- Triple-A Equipment. Your best performance requires the best tools. So you tell us what you need and we get it, no questions asked. Yes, even weird mousepads.
- A Workplace You’ll Love. A cozy & light-filled office in the heart of Berlin Prenzlauerberg – a place with history; Zalando & Rocket Internet were started in the very same office.
- Visa Assistance. We can’t imagine why you aren’t already in Berlin, but if you need to move, we’ll help you organize your visa and get all the papers sorted! We also find the first place to stay for you and we will accompany your journey to Berlin.
Fancy a challenge?
Then apply directly here with your CV and Portfolio specifying your motivation and availabilities. We are looking forward to receiving your application and will get in touch with you quickly.