Vice President (VP) Operations (m/f/d)
- Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
What we are building
Times and people change, but humans will always need a place to live in. Why then is finding and operating our homes still one of the arguably worst possible experiences?
Hundreds of applicants for the same apartment, weird & intransparent calculation of utilities, let alone the hassle to find someone qualified to fix something reliably and in time when it gets broken? Yeah, we’ve all been there.
That is why we started Zenhomes
“Zen” – adj. – Complete and absolute peace. [Urban Dictionary]
“Home(s)” – noun (pl.) – a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence a person, family or household. [Thesaurus]
It is our vision to give everyone absolute peace around their home. We believe the best way to make this happen is by creating the first digital ecosystem around housing. A platform where all stakeholders interact digitally and seamlessly, from tenants to landlords, from banks to estate agents, handymen and property managers alike.
Having obliterated the archaic methods of traditional, manual- and paper-based property management through our platform “Vermietet.de”, we now enable tens-of thousands of people to better manage their homes all across Germany. But this is just the start.
It has always been up to the innovators, the tinkerers, the pioneers, and bold implementers to take a leap of faith, even when others are still doubtful. To take matters in their own hands and courageously make a step forward, despite the odds, to make the world a better place.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Vice President (VP) Operations (m/f/d) to join our executive team enabling the strategic advancement of the company. Directly reporting to the CEO you will lead our operations, finance, and business development departments. Thus, you will be in charge of planning and directing all administrative, financial, and operational activities within the organization. If you are an ambitious, analytical, and entrepreneurial thinker, excited by the idea to fundamentally change the way we interact with real estate in our everyday lives, Zenhomes is the right place for you.
- You will build up our operations and business development departments, including the development and implementation of processes, the definition, and monitoring of KPIs as well as the planning, hiring, and development of your own teams.
- Leading our operations department you are responsible for all efforts related to customer success as well as operational activities. This includes the coordination and quality assurance of our external partners and service providers as well as the development and monitoring of our in-house service teams for specific products (such as legal or phone consultancy, etc.).
- Leading our business development efforts, you are in charge of initiating and monitoring all projects of high strategic importance. This includes (but is not limited to) developing and managing our partnership network, researching, evaluating, and executing potential expansions into different market segments or geographies. Additionally, you act as an internal consultant to other departments for the introduction and implementation of processes and technologies to improve internal performance.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment such as strategy consulting, investment banking or a top-tier technology company.
- You are experienced in leading your own teams as well as being a “manager of managers”, but similarly enjoy setting up processes on your own don’t mind “getting your hands dirty”.
- You combine a process-driven hands-on mentality that accepts nothing but perfection in day-to-day operations with a long-term, strategy-oriented mindset.
- You are extremely well organized, 100% reliable, very proactive, and constantly challenge yourself to always be one step ahead of everyone else.
- You have exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and excel at process design & execution, numbers-driven decision making, and effective C-level communication.
- Fluency in both English and German (!) is required.
More reasons to join
Every single day, you strive to be the best in what you do. Your ambition and dedication is what defines you and you are looking for an environment that supports and nurtures these traits. Welcome to Zenhomes - you will feel right at home with us. Furthermore, working with us comes with some other nice perks, too:
- Competitive Salary and Equity Participation. We are in on this mission together – and will win it as a team. That’s why next to competitive pay, everyone is offered a piece of the company.
- Healthy Food & Beverage. Kitchen stocked with healthy food, snacks, drinks and as much Mate and beer as you want? Check.
- Triple-A Equipment. Your best performance requires the best tools. So you tell us what you need and we get it, no questions asked. Yes, even weird mousepads.
- A Workplace You’ll Love. A cozy & light-filled office in the heart of Berlin Prenzlauerberg – a place with history; Zalando & Rocket Internet were started in the very same office.
- Visa Assistance. We can’t imagine why you aren’t already in Berlin, but if you need to move, we’ll help you organize your visa and get all the papers sorted! We also find the first place to stay for you and we will accompany your journey to Berlin.
Fancy a challenge?
Then apply directly here with your resume/CV and a short cover letter detailing your specific skills, motivations, and your availabilities. We are looking forward to receiving your application and will get in touch with you quickly!